S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

performance problems S600 w220

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w220 s600 2000
Angry performance problems S600 w220

Hello I am new on this site and have been reading a lot about similar problems to the once I have here but no real solutions.

Since a few weeks the check engine light is on and I have the feeling that I am missing some cylinders . About a week ago the light went of and everything was working fine so I thought worries are over. Surprise surprise, the light came back on and I have powerloss again and am missing some cylinders again. Sofar replaced are sparkplugs with original Mercedes, air filters and the front Oxygen sensor of the right cylinder bank.

I am noticing that when i drive out of the garage in the office and I go down the engine runs perfectly . Funny thing is that i left the car parked for a few days where the nose of the car was lower then the back and that after that the engine light was off and the car performed as it should , detail is that the srs light came on strangly enough.

Does anyone have similar problems ? I know that a lot of people claim that the ignition module might be broken but I am starting to think that it might be more wires moving around causing the defect or maybe fluid at or in a connector where it should not be and when the car is declined in position this fluid might be going away but is creaping back when the car is level again.

I also have a problem a front shock absorber where the to rubber where it is connected to the body needs replacement but I am not sure if this unit is loose normally or not .
Old 01-08-2010, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 492 Likes on 435 Posts
Mercedes
you have a s600 so you dont have shocks, you have a hydraulic suspension system called ABC which is notorious for expensive failures and uses hydraulic struts at all 4 corners....
Old 01-08-2010, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
search my threads, misfiring was the reason I traded in my 01 S600 for the CLS. No matter how much $ I dumped into it, it kept misfiring.