S320 2001 - Everything Front Windows & Rear Door Locks Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S320 2000 Model
S320 2001 - Everything Front Windows & Rear Door Locks Stopped Working

Hi Everyone.

Some strange things have manifested in my S320 W220 2001 model.

The front power windows just stopped responding. I am not able to control them with any of the control buttons. They are not sliding down or up when the control buttons are depressed.

Also, the locks for the rear doors also suddenly stopped working even via the central lock control. I also tried manually with the lock knobs depressed, the doors will still not lock at all.

Has anyone experienced this?

Every help is really appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
I'm not a technical person but have you tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S500
Yes, I have this problem too. Ill start from the beginning, When I first was looking at the car to buy the seller made me aware that the pass side controls (seats, windows, mirror and door assist) were not working due to the passenger side door control module being faulty and a direct replacement would fix the issue. HOWEVER, while I was testing everything out, the drivers side stopped working also although it magically repaired itself after a few mins and started working again. I bought the car and again on the was home I put the windows dwon and it stopped working and It didnt fix itself for a couple hours. Then for no reason it started working again. A week later I bought a new pass side door module which completely fixed the pass side controls. It all works perfectly. 2 days ago I put the windows down and again the drivers side went out, stopped working. The drivers door module controls the drivers seat, windows, door assist and the rear windows. I removed the drivers door control module and plugged it in, in the place of the pass side door control module. Sure enough it worked. So now I know the door control module is good (huge expense). So its either the can-bus or simply a ground. Now the common denominator is that all 3 times its happened, its when I rolled down the window. So I wonder if that is relevent? I'v troubleshooted the problem to this point. Ill keep you posted.

Nathan