Fake warranties?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S430
Exclamation Fake warranties?

Well hello
so i get a call yesterday from an auto warranty agent telling me all the good stuff about hot to get a warranty for my car it as only 2400$ but covers everything including parts that are about to go bad. anyways i told him i will get back at him when i think about it and i need a day or 2. he said NO this deal is right now or never lol.. he refused to sell me a warranty even if i call after 2 days
i went on the internet to search those extended warranties and most of them are fake!
Im looking to buy extended warranty i bought my car in oct. and im not sure if i can still buy one from MB since i bought my car from them.
i still have power train and engine warranty till dec 2010?
any suggestions ideas.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:59 PM

2004 S55 ///AMG, 2007 E350
I know opinions will vary greatly with extended warranties, but I recommend contacting your local MB dealer and ask for the person who handles extended warranties. He/she can quote you from their portfolio(MB and others).

Also, buying additional warranty while you have coverage is a plus since many buy them knowing there is an existing problem, which won't be the case with yours.

Good luck.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
factoryplans.com

the chrysler warranty is very good per other mbworld owner using it, no denial hassles. you can use a mb dealer and the price is awesome for the length of coverage

the US govt also backed all chrysler warranties in the bankruptcy so they are never going under
Old 03-23-2010, 02:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
1999 E320
I work in the industry. Keep in mind that this is an industry that has no real regulations, meaning that these companies or "brokers" can pretty much charge you what they want to. I'm sure you've seen the news and are aware of what has been going on in this marketplace with some of the heavy hitters going under (US Fidelis, etc.) That's because they were charging top dollar for what is commonly referred to as "bumper to bumper" (I hate that term by the way) coverage when in reality it was less than WAY less than.What you want to do is get a sample copy of the contract, take it to your service department and have them look it over...keep in mind that the dealership sells warranties too so they may try to sell you one of theirs. Have them print you off a copy and compare apples to apples. You'll also want to evaluate the Administrator - the company that your coverage is actually with. The company that approves/denies claims. Check them out from both sides of the fence : Customers and repair facilities are important because you want to make sure BOTH are pleased. Meaning claims were paid in a timely manner, lines of communication are open and that they actually pay claims. Customer testimonials are important for obvious reasons. Lastly you'll want to take it even one step futher and evaluate the insurance companies that back the Administrator. Reason being is let's say the Administrator or company that your coverage is with goes out of business tomorrow. That's where the multi billion dollar insurance company comes in to play. You want to be assured that today, tomorrow or years down the line that there is monies to pay for your repairs. No matter what. If I can help you out PM or email me knelson@americovergrp.com me. I check out our competition all the time

Last edited by nelson09; 03-23-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: included email
Old 03-23-2010, 06:03 PM

2004 S55 ///AMG, 2007 E350
Nelson has good advice, but not easy going through page after page of legal nonsense and your Dealer won't have time to review it either. Anytime a company forces you to buy it on the spot or else, it is a dead give away that you do not want to deal with them.

Ideally, you want an extended warranty that covers all parts, labor, with zero deductible, fast approvals and be transferable in case you sell the car. Also, you always get what you pay for, if the cost is too cheap, they will not cover many things and have infinite ways to get out of covering them.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
1999 E320
Originally Posted by Corsa9000
Nelson has good advice, but not easy going through page after page of legal nonsense and your Dealer won't have time to review it either. Anytime a company forces you to buy it on the spot or else, it is a dead give away that you do not want to deal with them.

Ideally, you want an extended warranty that covers all parts, labor, with zero deductible, fast approvals and be transferable in case you sell the car. Also, you always get what you pay for, if the cost is too cheap, they will not cover many things and have infinite ways to get out of covering them.
^^^True, also you want to shoot for an "Exclusionary" policy. Meaning the contract will list what is NOT covered. Exclusionary policies don't list what IS covered because the covered components would be pages and pages long. If the part is not listed, it's covered. Of coarse the vehicle would have to qualify first (generally only vehicles with less than 50k miles and 5 years old or newer)
Old 03-24-2010, 11:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
Originally Posted by Corsa9000
Anytime a company forces you to buy it on the spot or else, it is a dead give away that you do not want to deal with them.
+19475

Originally Posted by nelson09
^^^True, also you want to shoot for an "Exclusionary" policy. Meaning the contract will list what is NOT covered. Exclusionary policies don't list what IS covered because the covered components would be pages and pages long. If the part is not listed, it's covered. Of coarse the vehicle would have to qualify first (generally only vehicles with less than 50k miles and 5 years old or newer)
Definitely. One of the reasons the Chrysler Factory Plan deals are so good. The Maximum Care plan is as follows:
http://www.factoryplans.com/assets/c...ximum_Care.pdf