S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Replacing the auto trunk lift/close hydraulic pump....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220 S500
Replacing the auto trunk lift/close hydraulic pump....

Just ordered a new one today and will be installing Monday, so I am planning to do a DIY post. It's a simple install involving removing the passenger side trunk interior cladding, removing the old pump which is 80% dead after 113, 000 miles, and installing the new one. I've waited to fix this and am quite pleased to finally do so. If I'm going to sell this car it has to be fixed. I'll also be replacing the driver's outer tie rod end, restoring my original ride height and aligning the car again so it tracks dead straight again. As little as I drive it's a hair off and drives me nuts! Rear right AMG wheel to be straightened and restored to OE by the wheel repair solutions here in Dallas.

I'm on the fence about an 04 S55. Do I sell this pristine 02 S500 and invest in the below $2,000 worth of parts or go 04 S55? I'd like a car with half the mileage I have now or less.

On to my wish list, replacing all fuel injectors, ignition coils, and ignition wires to get a perfect dead calm idle that I love.

Last edited by ALEV8; 05-08-2010 at 02:13 AM.