S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

this pic makes me cry.... BEAUTIFUL

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-16-2003, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by apricotscrub
i've sold on ebay, i wont give additional info
u gotta be selling a lot of stuff on ebay buddy.....
Old 04-16-2003, 06:39 PM

im not trying to start an argument but how de heck r u supposed to buy even a toyota tercel let alone a s430 by selling what u are sellin on ebay?
Old 04-16-2003, 06:44 PM

2012 CLS 550
nj and i still want to buy those u never got back to me
hey we split costs so what ( i bought the car and pay for gas he pays for insurance and im making him pay for the tailights since he scratched up my rims so much...)
why u guys like to talk crap so much and who said it was an overnight success it took me a year before i bought the car.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:14 PM

W220 S500
i emailed you before i left to la and left my number and said it would be the last time i check my email because ill be gone. never got a call. as far as talking crap im just stating facts.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:07 PM

lol, split costs, u split the car, my dad drives a 95 izusu rodeo to work while i park my s in the high school parking lot, not trying to offend my dad btw, but thats just how it works, hes been in my car once for under 60 seconds
Old 04-16-2003, 09:08 PM

also tmushy u didnt reply to the lights offer i sent u. i'll do 100+ shipping
Old 04-16-2003, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

into things
You guys like to leave the gray in how you bought your cars...no offense

tmushy...thats interesting, i worked with somone who designed smart card components...you must be selling alot to make alot of money even when hardware security doesnt seem to be hot anymore (my experience)
Old 04-16-2003, 11:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
man, yall are picky people!

FC Corp: I thought u were already married!!
Old 04-17-2003, 12:46 AM

2012 CLS 550
yes i sold alot its all bout the techniques used aka bull****ting heh
Old 04-17-2003, 01:15 AM

i've sold on ebay, i wont give additional info
he might be right, ive heard of some people making like 80k a month selling stuff on ebay. Im probably gonna start doing it myself since I browse ebay so damn much (ebaymotors mainly)
Old 04-17-2003, 12:07 PM

W220 S500
ok tmushy first you said your car is in your moms name because you were 16 when you got it. then you said it was no overnight success and it took you a year to get the car. so you mean to tell me that at 15 years old,you designed iso7816 components and sold them to large companies. for one period of time you was the largest provider? hahahahha i call BULLSH*T!!!!!!!!!!!what was your mommy driving you to your clients? hahahaha man the stories that people make up. like i said before KEEP IT REAL!
Old 04-17-2003, 12:16 PM

2012 CLS 550
njp thats exactly the story!
but i think i was 16 when i started the company i bought the car like amonth before i turned 17
Old 04-17-2003, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by Caliz_Finest
he might be right, ive heard of some people making like 80k a month selling stuff on ebay. Im probably gonna start doing it myself since I browse ebay so damn much (ebaymotors mainly)
You can gross 80k a month selling "stuff" on eBay easily but it is very difficult to net 80k a month. If it was that easy, you'd hear a lot more stories about people getting rich off of eBay. That is why there is so much controversy on this thread about these two kids and their "get rich quick ideas". In fact, there was an article in "Fortune Small Business" that explains why it is hard to make money on eBay. About the only one coming out ahead is eBay because their fees are so high. Sell or no sell, eBay gets a cut. If you sell something, they get a big cut. My brother and I run a business selling "stuff" on eBay. If I take a good day in the last month and multiply it by 365 days, hell I could claim we make over $900k a year. But that is gross sales and not every day is going to be a good day. In fact most days aren't. That is exactly what Apricotscrub did. He took two good months and muliplied it out for the whole year. The thing about eBay is you have to find a balance between what you list and what you actually sell. Most of the items you list will not sell. I'd be happy if we sell 30% of the stuff we listed. The fees for the stuff that doesn't sell becomes overhead. List too many items that don't sell and you will get killed with the eBay fees. A lot of overhead also goes into hiring people to pack and ship your stuff too.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
did u make 30k in one month before you turned 18 while still attending high school and doing what u liked to do? didnt think so
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's get back to Apricotscrub and his claim of profitting $30k a month. If he sold an item that he can profit $10.00 from, he would have to actually sell 3000 items in one month to support this claim. Let's be a little more optimistic for him and say he can make $20.00 off of each item sold. He would still need to actually sell 1500 items in that one month to support that figure. Judging from the feedbacks he's received on eBay, I highly doubt that he sold so many items. His rebuttal to this would probably be that he made a profit of $100 on each item he sold and he only had to sell 300 items to support this claim. Well I highly doubt that too because most of the items he sells are in the $10 to $20 range.

My suggestion to him is sell the car and use the money for college like he was planning to. Maybe then, he will get a better sense of how a business is run.

In case you guys are wondering what my brother and I sell on eBay, we sell new and used vhs movies. No big "secret". Email me if you want to know what the userid is.

Oh, I just made $1500.00 trading the SMH today, should I claim I make $30k a month on top of the $900k I make a year.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:52 PM

2012 CLS 550
apricot told me what he sold and he does make what he claims.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by NJP17
ok tmushy first you said your car is in your moms name because you were 16 when you got it. then you said it was no overnight success and it took you a year to get the car. so you mean to tell me that at 15 years old,you designed iso7816 components and sold them to large companies. for one period of time you was the largest provider? hahahahha i call BULLSH*T!!!!!!!!!!!what was your mommy driving you to your clients? hahahaha man the stories that people make up. like i said before KEEP IT REAL!
I am willing to say that at age 15, no-one has the knowledge of integrated cirtcuits and the experience to sell optimized designs to large organizations. Tmushy is obviously lying and has insulted the intelligence of this forum with his bullsh*t. His claim is the same as me saying that at age 19 I sold my ideas to MB. Yeah right!.

Why would an established company buy designs from a minor? Yet alone, an outside and unreputable source? Companies are very reluctant to taking ideas from the public, since they don't want to risk the idea of a possible lawsuit down the road. Try submitting an idea to MTV and you'll see that you won't even get a denial letter. They'll ignore you.

What really makes him look stupid is that he's claiming that he sold al the "stuff" on Ebay. First of all, companies don't search ebay for business propositions. Its unprofessional! And I seriously doubt that the demand for such items is high enough to sustain the quoted net amount of revenue.

Tmushy needs to take his MOM's car and his BULLSH*T to another forum.

Last edited by internet_mafia; 04-17-2003 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:18 PM

yes, judging on my feedback from one account, i would not have been able to make as much as i claim, i have 21 seperate ebay accounts based in three ebay national sites. ebay.com, ebay.co.uk, ebay.au.com, and at one time was at ebay.ca but thats unsuccessful.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:20 PM

2012 CLS 550
first off i never said i sold nething on ebay
thats apricot

my stuff wasnt that hard to design
dude
believe me or not i dont care ne more this whole post is stupid
Old 04-17-2003, 06:03 PM

You're so deep in your lie that you don't know how to get out of it. You're so full of sh*t. Thanks for the laugh though.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:22 PM

2012 CLS 550
would u like me to take a picture of a product i made would that prove nething?
Old 04-17-2003, 09:11 PM

Originally posted by Caliz_Finest
rite i hear ya... but check out what the dude is sellig on ebay..!!!
Old 04-17-2003, 09:15 PM

yes, judging on my feedback from one account, i would not have been able to make as much as i claim, i have 21 seperate ebay accounts based in three ebay national sites. ebay.com, ebay.co.uk, ebay.au.com, and at one time was at ebay.ca but thats unsuccessful.
an 18 year old with over 21 creditcards?! u gotta be kidding
Old 04-17-2003, 11:01 PM

You can gross 80k a month selling "stuff" on eBay easily but it is very difficult to net 80k a month. If it was that easy, you'd hear a lot more stories about people getting rich off of eBay. That is why there is so much controversy on this thread about these two kids and their "get rich quick ideas". In fact, there was an article in "Fortune Small Business" that explains why it is hard to make money on eBay. About the only one coming out ahead is eBay because their fees are so high. Sell or no sell, eBay gets a cut. If you sell something, they get a big cut. My brother and I run a business selling "stuff" on eBay. If I take a good day in the last month and multiply it by 365 days, hell I could claim we make over $900k a year. But that is gross sales and not every day is going to be a good day. In fact most days aren't. That is exactly what Apricotscrub did. He took two good months and muliplied it out for the whole year. The thing about eBay is you have to find a balance between what you list and what you actually sell. Most of the items you list will not sell. I'd be happy if we sell 30% of the stuff we listed. The fees for the stuff that doesn't sell becomes overhead. List too many items that don't sell and you will get killed with the eBay fees. A lot of overhead also goes into hiring people to pack and ship your stuff too.
your right, stupid of me not to take that stuff into consideration.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:03 PM

how did you guys see his account? did he post it here cause i havent seen it... why the **** would you have 21 accounts?
Old 04-17-2003, 11:07 PM

i looked up an aprictoscrub on ebay, looking at feedback...
you better take care of this one buddy

hubbardl(65) Apr-08-03 03:13:49 PDT 3311695759 S
Complaint : Bought item in February, never received, no answer to MULTIPLE email inquiries.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:30 PM

98 ML320
U ****SUCKERS

LOL I GOT TIRED OF YOU GUYS FIGHTING BACK AND FORTH AFTER THE 3RD PAGE. WHY DONT YOU GUYS JUST MEET UP ONEDAY AT A M-BENZ MEETING AND BRAWL OUT. I THINK THATS WHAT WE SHOULD ALL DO. WHOEVER WANNA TALK **** ABOUT THE OTHER NEED TO BRAWL OUT. TAKE SOME ANGER OUT ON EACH OTHER AND GO HOME IN YOUR BLOODY BENZ.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: this pic makes me cry.... BEAUTIFUL