S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Another ABC issue...help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2010 | 09:17 AM

C230 Coupe
Another ABC issue...help!

Here's what happened. My 2001 S55 sprung a leak while in my garage. Pretty much all of the hydraulic fluid was on the garage floor. I popped the hood and you could see some fluid had sprayed everywhere. My first thought was the high pressure line on the ABC. There were no warning lights on. I only started it to get it on the trailer to tow it. Still no warning lights. The recall on the high pressure had not been performed so I towed it the my local MB shop and had them check it out. At that point still no warning lights and the suspension was still level. The service advisor called me and said I needed a new abc pump at $2200. I asked where the leak was coming from and he couldn't tell me. He said probably a seal...would it leak ALL the fluid from a worn seal, and spray it upwards? I told him to just do the recall. I went to have it hauled back today and it was sitting on the back tires. I checked the level on the PS and the ABC and they were both full (yes, they filled them up after replacing the line) and their were no leaks underneath. Still no warning lights after I started it to see if it would raise when pressing the button to raise it. It would raise a little in the front but not the back. If the pump is bad would it work at all, even on the front? I went back in to talk to the advisor and ask him how they determined it was bad and he said the computer told him so...he wasn't very helpful at all.

Update: I towed it to another shop and he called today and said the rear linkages were broke, so he replaced. He said the rear leveling valve is bad. The pump works fine and there are no leaks, but as soon as you start the car the rear goes up to the highest level. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 07-30-2010 | 12:04 AM

190e
hi i think the shop is right , the leveling valve(abc valve block ) leak internally ,replace the valve , flush the system , replace the filter .Is always good to replace the filter and flush the system .