S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

How do you get to the small bottom light bulb (locator light) on the mirror?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S430
How do you get to the small bottom light bulb (locator light) on the mirror?

Hi guys

Yesterday both of the convenience/vanity/locator light bulbs on the bottom of the mirrors went dead. Turn signals are working fine, but when you unlock the vehicle at night, bottom lights would not come up.

I have looked through the manual on what are the type of light bulbs are there and how to replace them, but there is no reference to them only to turn signals. Also in electronic parts catalog I was able to find mirror parts diagram, but again no reference to those bulbs. They are not mentioned at all. Browsing through the forums I was able to find plenty of material on replacing or upgrading turn signals but again nothing about those small lights at the bottom of the mirror.

Does anyone know what are the type of replacement bulb I should use and is there an easier way to replace it, rather than taking the whole mirror assembly out (this whole clip thing scares me)

Thank you very much for your help!!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S430
Originally Posted by semenov419
Hi guys

Yesterday both of the convenience/vanity/locator light bulbs on the bottom of the mirrors went dead. Turn signals are working fine, but when you unlock the vehicle at night, bottom lights would not come up.

I have looked through the manual on what are the type of light bulbs are there and how to replace them, but there is no reference to them only to turn signals. Also in electronic parts catalog I was able to find mirror parts diagram, but again no reference to those bulbs. They are not mentioned at all. Browsing through the forums I was able to find plenty of material on replacing or upgrading turn signals but again nothing about those small lights at the bottom of the mirror.

Does anyone know what are the type of replacement bulb I should use and is there an easier way to replace it, rather than taking the whole mirror assembly out (this whole clip thing scares me)

Thank you very much for your help!!!!

Finally found this post

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...r-removal.html

As soon as I change the bulb will post pictures and instructions as well as bulb information.

Thnks