S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

radio and sat nav gone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s class 430 w220
radio and sat nav gone

hi can anyone help ive just bought 2000 s class w220 430l this is the 1st s class ive owned and its fantastic ..except...had new battery fitted and now sat nav and radio tv all dead no lights no nothing everything else spot on...can anyone help.. ive got my fingers crossed its a fuse
Old 02-01-2011, 07:35 AM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by smart bob
hi can anyone help ive just bought 2000 s class w220 430l this is the 1st s class ive owned and its fantastic ..except...had new battery fitted and now sat nav and radio tv all dead no lights no nothing everything else spot on...can anyone help.. ive got my fingers crossed its a fuse
Check under the rear passenger seat and see if it knocked out a fuse, if not you may be screwed. Who put in the battery? Did you jump start the car at all?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:39 AM

s class 430 w220
Originally Posted by DRTYLNDY
Check under the rear passenger seat and see if it knocked out a fuse, if not you may be screwed. Who put in the battery? Did you jump start the car at all?
. hi thanks for the info. i had to jump start the vehicle to get it home the sat nav and radio were fine until i installed a new battery the next day run through all the reset proceedures but but the radio and sat nav were dead everything else is perfect..im starting to get a bit worried will have a look under the seat for the fuse ...Im not sure where else any fuses are that i could check..i know that older merc radios had a fuse on the rear and you had to remove the whole radio unit to check it..dont suppose you know if this unit will have the same...many thanks..bob
Old 02-02-2011, 02:07 AM

s class 430 w220
Originally Posted by smart bob
. hi thanks for the info. i had to jump start the vehicle to get it home the sat nav and radio were fine until i installed a new battery the next day run through all the reset proceedures but but the radio and sat nav were dead everything else is perfect..im starting to get a bit worried will have a look under the seat for the fuse ...Im not sure where else any fuses are that i could check..i know that older merc radios had a fuse on the rear and you had to remove the whole radio unit to check it..dont suppose you know if this unit will have the same...many thanks..bob
hi checked fuse for radio and sat nav think it was fuse number 61 //15 amp looks ok anyone got anymore ideas?