S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

CD Changer stuck again! How to get it out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 S430 4MATIC Sport, 2009 GT Zaskar MTB
CD Changer stuck again! How to get it out?

Guys this is the third time my CD changer got stuck after finishing playing the last CD. This time I can't get the magazine out and it won't restart. It keeps showing device unavailable.

Is there a way of getting the magazine out?
Old 02-20-2011, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Obsidian Black S430
I checked with the MB dealer and they wanted $125-145 to get it out, but they also said they would have to send the changer somewhere to get the magazine removed. Really? I wasn't prepared to spend that money for nothing. They alluded to the fact the changer would have to be replaced anyway. So, I tore my inner trunk lining out and took the changer out myself. I removed the changer's outer metal housing and moved the mechanism by hand to remove the magazine. I wouldn't recommend this procedure if you expect the changer to work like new. Mine work for a couple times and now it will not read the magazine. I think I actually need a new changer. It is a little bit of time and aggravation, but it depends on your discs you have stuck if it's worth it.

Before I had to disassemble the changer to get the magazine out, I would try the eject button over and over. It would eventually eject the magazine. I think it depends if your COMAND is recognizing the magazine at all.