Faulty Signal Acquistion Module??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S320 cdi 2004
Faulty Signal Acquistion Module??

Hi All,

I have a S320 CDI (UK) first registered 2004 and it has been fine up until recently when it has developed a series of faults.

1. Automatic wipers seem to have lost/intermittent sensitivity, the screen has to be "drowned" before they activate and yet sometimes they start when there's no rain!!

2. Heating system wont get much above 22C.

3. A/C red light permanently on and no cooling effect on low temp settings

4. Lights above vanity mirrors in front wont switch on

5. "Coolant - drive to workshop" indicator flashes on intermittently when the coolant level is fine.

It had developed a leaky water pump and was previously showing the the "Check coolant" indication and this was replaced. The independent service chap who replaced the pump said that the leaky water pump would cause the heating to not work as there was not enough "head of water" to get to the heat exchanger. The water pump was changed and the heating still isnt working and the warning now is the "Coolant drive to workshop" warning intermittently, though I have checked and the coolant level in the expansion tank is fine.

At no time in all of this did the engine run hot, in fact the temp guage never got much above 75c

The independent guy who serviced it for me said that the lights and wipers and the intermittent warnings may be a problem with with a Signal Acquisition Module (??) and this would need replacing and programming at a MB main service centre at a cost of £450 ish

Many thanks for any pointers

Jim