S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Car is schitzo after visiting the mechanic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55
Car is schitzo after visiting the mechanic

got a good price, the issues I needed appear to be fixed (one is smog and I haven't driven enough miles to clear the sensor errors yet) .. spent about $4k to get it all done, but it's done.

I think ..

First weirdness was that the down navigation button on the stearing wheel doesn't work on the display (they replaced the instrument cluster). I get a "function not available" error .. so, big whoop, I'll take her back later for that, I already notified them.

Then .. I turn it off and I get a "turn lights off" message. The lights are off.

I turn them on, off on off .. the button works, but once the key comes out the lights go on and won't go off. I tried waiting it out, but the error message continues and the lights stay on.

Just for fun this pops up in the SFO airport parking lot when I'm parking for my flight to Italy (here now, food is GREAT!) .. if I turn the lights off, put the key in the off position and wait it out I can then remove the key and the lights will stay off.

But this is weird .. did they mixup something when replacing the cluster? Oh well, guess I have another trip to them on Friday when I return .. has anyone ever heard of this?

BTW .. I highly recomend flying Virgin Atlantic premium ecomony .. it's basically business (bigger seats, early boarding, better service) for a few hundred more. I'm 6'2 230, so it made a huge difference on a 10+ hour flight!!

ciao
Old 03-21-2011, 03:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
Originally Posted by shaw01
BTW .. I highly recomend flying Virgin Atlantic premium ecomony .. it's basically business (bigger seats, early boarding, better service) for a few hundred more. I'm 6'2 230, so it made a huge difference on a 10+ hour flight!!
You must fly some peculiar airlines because VS Premium Economy is nothing like business class on any carrier I've flown longhaul in the last ten years or so! Any half decent carrier now has fully flat beds in business class.

Enjoy Italy! Afraid I can't help with the car things, typical!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55
Originally Posted by Fraser
You must fly some peculiar airlines because VS Premium Economy is nothing like business class on any carrier I've flown longhaul in the last ten years or so! Any half decent carrier now has fully flat beds in business class.

Enjoy Italy! Afraid I can't help with the car things, typical!
Can't lay down but seats with leg and hip room do it for me .. and of course you can't help with the car things, you didn't break it!

Coming back tomorrow, trip to the mechanic is in my future and back to my search for some MP67's .. so surprised no local golf stores have any in stock! only set i found is at golfsmith with lead tape all over them, but I digress .. thanks for the response!