S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Hids flickering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 s 500
Hids flickering

I bought some eagle eye projector headlights., a few months ago, and just had a mechanic install them, as he said he has done this before..I have a 2000 s430, OK the lights are in, but I am getting some flickering for the first few minutes, I hope that's all and error codes, check low beam ,also put in the tail lights, from them eaglemotorsports, and was getting a tail light out error as well, I have been reading on this forum that I need to have xenon present set by the Stealer, but I called two dealers one in Naperville and one in Westmount ,and they said that's imposable, also two indie Mercedes mechanics said that if the car did not come with xenon you cant set it to that later,,,I like the light of the new lights, ,do not like the error codes, and esp the flickering ,they are 6000 k nice white light tint of blue, if they go out I would get 5000k, for a more white look ,also there are regular bulbs in the tail lights ,at least the tail lights not led..are some all led..any help would be great..
Old 07-02-2011, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 478 Likes on 424 Posts
Mercedes
you need error canceler, see the group buy section of this forum, there are people selling hid conversion with error canceler