S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Problem adjusting shocks on 2003 S500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 2003
Problem adjusting shocks on 2003 S500

Hey. Just had a question about adjusting the shocks on my friend's 2003 S500. I'm not really familiar with the Mercedes Benz so any help would be greatly appreciated. He was telling me about how he was no longer able to adjust the heights on the front shocks? I think hes riding them pretty high up right now and wanted to adjust them back down. Running on stock parts. He went to the dealers and they said it was the pump for the shocks? I'm not sure if that's the correct term for it but thats what the dealers called it. He ended up replacing it for over 3k and its still not fixed. If there's something i left out that would help in confirming the problem, then just let me know and i'll make sure to ask him. Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this. Again, thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 489 Likes on 433 Posts
Mercedes
Your post Isn't comprehensible

First you need to figure out if the car has airmatic or abc. Abc was an option and there will be a button on the dash that says abc.

Second your explanation of the problem makes no sense, it could be an abc pump or airmatic pump, both of which are common failure items. But why the shocks would be too high I'd likely due to sensors or a valve body , not a pump. When a pump fails the problem us that car becomes too low