S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

How to remove Sunroof shade???

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 600
How to remove Sunroof shade???

Hey friends,

I am wondering if any one has read, or removed the sunroof shade? I would like to know before purchasing a new or used one.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
Originally Posted by abeprieto
Hey friends,

I am wondering if any one has read, or removed the sunroof shade? I would like to know before purchasing a new or used one.

To drop it correctly you would need to remove the headliner. I took mine out without removing the headliner to fix a sagging piece of material and it doesnt sit on the track right once I reinstalled it .
Old 10-02-2011, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
yeah, thats inaccurate.

removing the shade is easy.

On the actual sunroof there is a black plastic piece (the one that "drags" the sunroof shade open). Slip a plastic wedge or trim removal tool under the bottom lip and pop it off.

Once thats off, open the sunroof. Once open, you'll see the four clips holing the shade into its track. remove these and slide the panel up and out the sunroof hole.
The following users liked this post:
1000rr JOCKEY (06-22-2017)
Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 PM

Mbz S430
Originally Posted by Oliverk
yeah, thats inaccurate.

On the actual sunroof there is a black plastic piece (the one that "drags" the sunroof shade open). Slip a plastic wedge or trim removal tool under the bottom lip and pop it off.

Once thats off, open the sunroof. Once open, you'll see the four clips holing the shade into its track. remove these and slide the panel up and out the sunroof hole.
It was Very easy using the exact technique listed above! Took 10 minutes and most of that was rounding up the right tools!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:09 PM

s55 AMG
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
yeah, thats inaccurate.

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
no headliner removal necessary.

slide old shade back a bit
use your fingers or a screwdriver to remove the black plastic trim piece at the front of the sliding glass (its what goes from one side to the other and pushes the shade back)
once thats off, slide the shade shut and open the sunroof all the way
once the sunroof is open, exit vehicle and look at the top side of the shade. You will see clips/sliders at each corner. Use a small screwdriver to push the white slider towards the center of the car, and you'll be able to lift the shade out of its track. Repeat one or two more times with the other clips and the whole thing lifts out.

reverse to replace.
I did some searching on your posts and I found another member on Benzworld which looks like he did the same what your explaining but with pics, can you verify this is exactly what your talking about in your explanation please???

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140...oof-liner.html

Also Will this procedure work on my S55 ? I need to replace the headliner only on the sunroof SunShade
Thanks in advance for your generous contribution

Bringing an old thread back to life

Last edited by merc79; 07-13-2013 at 01:25 PM.