Airmatic Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 S-430
Airmatic Problem

Hi guys
I have posted on here a few times. But just a refresher I have a 2002 S-430. I am having problems with my airmatic system. I have had the malfunction light come on twice for Airmatic saying "take to shop." But when I took it in they said they ran a test and didnt find anything wrong. Heres the funny party. When I try to raise the car but pressing the airmatic button nothing happens. The car doesnt go up. When I park the car, it looks so jacked up from the back that its not even funny. What should I do to get this problem taken care of? Any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks You guys are really helpful. Love this board.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:42 PM

This is a wild stab, but..
did you change rims/tires or take off rims/tires recently?
That may've caused the skewered settings, also you might need a new air compressor, ask them to tell you what the error codes were, b/c they are BullshXtting you that there is nothing wrong, it leaves codes, and since its the second time, there's def. something wrong, you are covered under warranty unlike me so you need to go tell them to fix your system.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:18 PM

2002 S-430
well I had this problem back in Jan/Feb when we had a lot of snow. And the day I took it in for B service the error popped up again. Thats when they told me they didnt see ****. However in B service they rotate the tires so maybe that could have caused it to worsen. But the damn airmatic button doesnt work. Whenever I press it the light turns red but in the display it doesnt say anything about car going up. So I guess I am going to have to take it back. Any other ideas on possible problems? Yeah the car is only a 1 1/2 year old with 18,000 miles.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:24 PM

i just had the same problem and it happened due to the w220 bugs and also switched rims, but they prolly know how to do it right. you have to wait until the dash is clear before changing tires or the thing will be broken, a valve unit and a compressor is most likely what you need, costsl ike 600$ in parts.