S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

BAS, ABS, ESP lights are on! AND car is completely misaligned after I got TOWED!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
german
BAS, ABS, ESP lights are on! AND car is completely misaligned after I got TOWED!

Just like the title says:
the BAS, ABS, and ESP lights are on. I have to hold the steering wheel like I'm making a left turn just to drive straight. This is all after I got towed for parking outside of my condo and forgetting to put up my permit!!!!!
Anyways I just want to fix the problem and get on with my life...
I brought it 2 alignment places and they both have conflicting stories about what part is causing the bad alignment. When I'm under the car I don't really see anything to be really that bad though, maybe I'm just not that well trained
anyways are the BAS, ABS, and ESP lights on just because of the bad alignment? Or is it the other way around....? prob not but u never know with mercedes
Old 12-02-2011, 05:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 425 Posts
Mercedes
well what did the shops say? sounds like they put the tow hooks on some suspension ciomponent and caused damage...just aligning it wont fix it, you need to change the bent/broken parts.

I would call your insurance company and let them work it out with the tow truck insurance company