S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

S class body work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S class body work

Hey for those who own an S class I have a question about the rear bumper on the S Class. I know that the S430 and 500 dont have exhaust tips even with sport package. But is there any difference in the rear bumper design or way it looks between the 430, 500, 55 AMG and 600?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2002, 01:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S500 Sport
Which dealer did you get your CL500 from?

Hey AmgBoy,

Which portland based MB dealer did you get your CL500 from and who was your salesperson? I am also from Beaverton, OR and bought my S500 there.

In regards to your question, only the S55 and the S600 (with both sport and non-sport) will have the exhaust tips sticking out. S500 and S430 both sport and non-sport versions will not have exhaust tips sticking out. Aside from the difference for the exhaust cutouts, there are only two types of bumpers (AMG and stock rear).
Old 02-20-2002, 11:45 PM

Hey thanks ansonn for the information thats what I was thinking but wasnt sure. As fo my CL I didnt get it in the Portland area I was up in Seattle on buisness and my friend who lives up their helped me out. I mentioned my interest in the 500 and he took me to a dealer and I ended up buying it from there. Hey what do you suggest in the way of performance upgrades im looking to push the hp up to 340 atleast. I am not sure if you would know about tuning on CL's but what what would you suggest for engine tuning maybe a suspension upgrade although I am happy with the suspension now.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2002, 09:13 PM

Mercedes S500 Sport
S500 engine tunning suggestions

Hey AMGBOY,

Gosh, you should have gotten your CL in Oregon instead of Washington - No Sales Tax, man!

Engine tunning is the same for the CL500 as it is for the S500. Well, if you want to increase your power to 340 without too much modifications (and overall cost), I suggest a RennTech airbox, RennTech reprogrammed computer, and exhaust (lorinser catback or Renntech). The airbox and computer will give you 30 additional hp (accoding to Renntech specs) thus giving you a total of 332 hp. I am not sure how much hp the exhaust will give you but in general, cat backs yield about 10 hp so your total will at least be 342 hp. I have all these in my car and I'll post pics when I get my car back from the body shop (some jerk off gave me a fender bender). Anyways, these mods should run you under 10 grand as oppose to a full on engine rebuild

As for suspension upgrades for you CL, it depends on what you have. Do you have ABC? If you do, I would mess with it too much cause there isn't anything out there yet that won't alter the ABC a little bit. If you don't have ABC, get a Lorinser or whatever reputable brand lowering module for you CL. The lowering module will simply trick your car's suspension to think that it is cruising above 70mph thus lowering your car about an inch. Hope that helps.
Old 02-21-2002, 09:48 PM

Hey thanks alot for the information I had been doing some research about tuning and I knew a fair amount but wanted to hear from someone who had experience with it and you really helped. As for my car yes I do have ABC so I guess I wont mess with it like I said I am happy with the suspension as is. I see what you mean about the tax but I actaully got a surprisingly good deal on my car in Seattle and compared to the deal I would have gotten in Portland if I had waited wasnt that big of a deal for me. Yeah I would love to see pics of your car. Thanks again.
Old 02-21-2002, 10:05 PM

Lorinser S600
Amgboy

Ansonnn has a point you should of bought it down there. But ansonnn did you get your s class at Rasmuessen or what ever that place is called down there? I think that they provide some excellent service. Although they keep a small stock.
Old 02-21-2002, 10:23 PM

Mercedes S500 Sport
I bought it at Rasmussen in Wilsonville and they have awesome service, let me tell you. My friend down in California bought a C32 from Smythe European in San Jose and those people are low class. Supposedly this was the 'Premier' Benz dealer in norther california. Obviously, they're the worst ever and they lie. First of all, his C32 didn't even come with C32 AMG floor matts like they were suppose to. We reminded our fake acting sales person to include them and then next thing you know, they're not included. Damn, we were pissed. She pulled the manager in to tell us that the C32 comes with two tone floor matts as in black carpet and charcoal trim. This type of floor matt comes on regular cars! Anyways, they said that whatever comes on the car they can't change and freakin' pointed out the common saying of every manufacturer "prices and specifications are subject to change." I was even more appalled at this moment and to make matters worse, he said the (100 million dollar) dealership cannot afford to give out $150 floor mats just because they say C32AMG. Furthermore, he said I didn't know what I was talking about and kept asking if I am sure the C32 comes with floor matts labeled that way. Pissed off like crazy, I called Gil Fusch up at Rasmussen and guess what? He sent down a free pair of C32 AMG floor matts because he felt that my friend was being mis-treated and that they should have come with those custom matts. That's what I call great *** service. As for Smythe European in San Jose, I will never ever recommend those *******s. Their service department is top notch but their salespeople are as low as pond scum.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:11 AM

Lorinser S600
Thumbs up

I gotta hand it to Rasmuessen. Ive been there and there sales associates are extremely kind and they showroom is incredible along with there whole building. Yeah i think that people down in cali think that they're always right and I think that to not give you floor mats is INCREDIBLY cheap. I mean if the sales people didnt realize that the sale of the car could have been riding on them giving him the floor mats was a dumb move by them. but oh well i thinki would have said to the sales man " hey no mats no sale" and left and im sure he would have thrown em in because he would loose a profit on the car and i would know selling cars can be tough and i would risk giving up some floormats to sell the car.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Adam,
Do you have more pics of your S.....and I wouldn't mind seeing any other pics of the rest of your garage too....

is your company hiring :p
Old 02-27-2002, 12:30 AM

Lorinser S600
PICS UP SOON!

At the moment I'm in the process of moving and so everything is packed but ill hope to have some more pics soon. Its been pretty rainy up here in seattle lately so im waiting for a good day. THe pic that ive posted is in palm springs. its the picture the seller provided. I work for a broker comp. so i would say the $$$ depends on how good you are at it. Ive recently purchased a collector car. I dunno if youve heard of it but its an original shelby 427 s/c. It including these awesome plates from arizona too. take a look and tell me what you think. Im also looking for another car preferably a 4 door more luxurious but im still arguing what i want. I thought one of those new bently arnage t looks cool or i think it would be fun to own a rice rocket to make me feel young again
Old 02-27-2002, 03:47 PM

2004 S 600
My S600 has duel exhaust...it is slightly different rear bumper than the AMG, since AMG is molded to go in line with the sport side skirts which S600 does not have. If you tune and want to put chrome tips without rest of sports package (side skirts flaired) you could put on a S600 rear bumper and match the lines of your current car.
Old 02-28-2002, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none of the pictures you posted are there anymore....please repost
Old 03-02-2002, 02:44 PM

Lorinser S600
pics

these are from the 2000 forest grove car show. I was given these from the seller.
Old 03-02-2002, 02:45 PM

Lorinser S600
more..

back
Old 03-02-2002, 07:38 PM

SL55/S55/CLK500
Hey $Adam$........

could you post some pics of your 360 spider???

thanx!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2002, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That looks phat adam... but then again you already knew that right hehehehe...yes pleas post other pics if you get a chance...
Old 03-02-2002, 09:10 PM
Banned

'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Super-S

This car is worth a fortune if it is truly an original. There are a lot of replicas on the market and to find an orig. 427 S/C is like finding a needle in a haystack. Way to go on the purchase this is a true American "Muscle" car and beautiful color to boot.

MarcusBenz
House of Imports, MBZ
Old 03-03-2002, 05:30 PM

Lorinser S600
I was sceptical when i purchased it because of a few minor hings like the exaughst. He did like a silver powder coating and so there was some hesitance to the originality but i figured it was a small thing that should hold me back from buying it. The owner was very careful with it. it was repainted every other year and tune ups every month so this guy was pretty hard core. But like i said im on the process of moving and the 360 is a pretty recent purchase so i dont have any old pics of it so give me about 3-7 days and if a good weather day come ill get the pics up.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:12 PM

Lorinser S600
Thanks

I purchased the car from a guy in tibiron california and i had 2 guys make an offer on the drive up. One guy said he'd give me 50k i laughed at him. Then this next guy was driving a 355 and he kinda waved me over and asked if it was an orginal and i said it was and he offered me 650k but i still refused because there is no way im gonna give it up.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wait..someone offered 50K and then someone 650K... just how much is that car worth??? i have no idea that they would be worth that much... i'm guessing that 650K is a better estimate on it's value?? just wondering....
Old 03-04-2002, 10:53 PM

Hey Adam congrats on the car those are sweet! Im gonna haved to come up sometime and take a look!!(LOL) By the way what is your new house going to be like? You did mention moving to me on your last emal you sent.

Cheers
Old 03-08-2002, 10:40 PM

Lorinser S600
House: REALLY BIG
It's like 8,000 sq. ft. and 4 stories on the lake 5 car garage big pool with water falls and its got a home theather in it all i gotta do is put in the electronics.
It also has a lot of space behind and im thinking of putting in a small air field if permited by state

Yeah but the cobra i purchased for 400k which i thoguht was reasonable. On reading through a booklet of the car that the owner made it was featured in a numerous amount of magezines and won every time in its class and had reecived tons of recognition from carol shelby and if i read right he has riden in it.

Im now looking to buy a plane/helicoper. If a plane preferably a jet. If anyone has any knowledge on planes or helis please write back with you oppinions.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:43 AM

Super-S

Who are you? This is bordering on ridiculous!
Old 03-11-2002, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Originally posted by Super-S
If anyone has any knowledge on planes or helis please write back with you oppinions.
If you can afford one, I would go with the G-V (Gulfstream V), if you can afford one.

http://www.gulfstream.com
Old 03-11-2002, 11:17 AM

Hey you guys dont think that Adam is lying! I have been a friend of his for 4 years now and he has serious money! Also some of the things he buys cars, computers, palm pilots, cell phones he gets to write of as buisness expences! So I can see why you are saying its unreal but it actually is all true.

Cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S class body work