S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

speedo coding - the "inner ring"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opposite-lock...
speedo coding - the "inner ring"?

I'd previously attempted to recode my cluster to "ROW" to change the key/light warning indicators as I've read here, but only managed to make my speedo off and my clock read 90min fast and in 24hr time.

Now, this is very interesting. I confirmed by my Garmin nav that my INNER speedo ring is ***accurate***... the KPH ring... but accurate in MPH as correlated to the digital readout.

!!!

I'm wondering if I selected some little known feature or something?

Meaning, it really urked me to get a car w/ a 160mph speedo. The inner ring now goes to 260 8-).

I've confirmed GPS speeds vs. speedo are dead accurate from 35 to about 95 or 110 (forget, was unable to test below / above that range at the time - was running out of road and too much traffic).

Both inner ring and digital were +2mph vs. GPS... however... note I'm running 245/40/18 snows on all 4 corners right now - I'm betting that's that margin of error.

It certainly ain't KPH! 8-) And it stays accurate throughout that range.

Still need to get my clock out of 24hr time, and dial it back by 90min. 90min... so odd... you'd think it'd be to the hour, per like time zones or something - but no.

Would love to hear any thoughts out there on the speedo 'inner ring'!