Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Rattling from aspirator motor

Afternoon gents.

I have a slight rattling from my aspirator motor in the roof console.

Took it all apart...and haven't slightest clue what could possibly rattle.

No separate part numbers in there, just a circuit board with aspirator motor/temp sensor.

Board itself runs $307, which is stupid.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 155 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by Oliverk
Afternoon gents.

I have a slight rattling from my aspirator motor in the roof console.

Took it all apart...and haven't slightest clue what could possibly rattle.

No separate part numbers in there, just a circuit board with aspirator motor/temp sensor.

Board itself runs $307, which is stupid.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
That's the console which has the sunroof controls and the lights right.

When I connected mine to STAR about a year ago it said something about S- valve something and I did search on the forums for it and it led me to the sunroof panel .. everyone was stumped as well. That noise comes and goes for me too. I think that could cause battery drain.

Also looking for an answer for this..
Old 01-15-2012, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
That's the console which has the sunroof controls and the lights right.

When I connected mine to STAR about a year ago it said something about S- valve something and I did search on the forums for it and it led me to the sunroof panel .. everyone was stumped as well. That noise comes and goes for me too. I think that could cause battery drain.

Also looking for an answer for this..
Yeah, that is the correct console.

There is not much in there. The pushbutton contacts for the lights, the aspirator fan, and the sunroof switches.

I could shake the snot out of the board(to which the aspirator fan/sampler is soldered) and barely a noise at all.

The only noises I heard were when you shook the actual plastic console. All those little switches float in the plastic with little tabs. I put a little dielectric grease under each tab to provide a cushion and prevent plastic on plastic rattling.

I also used spray electronic cleaner to get all the nasty dust outta the aspirator fan and thermister. You can shake it pretty good without causing any real noise.

Lets hope this fixed it, because I'm not sure I want to pay $300 to fix this minor noise.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 155 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by Oliverk
Yeah, that is the correct console.

There is not much in there. The pushbutton contacts for the lights, the aspirator fan, and the sunroof switches.

I could shake the snot out of the board(to which the aspirator fan/sampler is soldered) and barely a noise at all.

The only noises I heard were when you shook the actual plastic console. All those little switches float in the plastic with little tabs. I put a little dielectric grease under each tab to provide a cushion and prevent plastic on plastic rattling.

I also used spray electronic cleaner to get all the nasty dust outta the aspirator fan and thermister. You can shake it pretty good without causing any real noise.

Lets hope this fixed it, because I'm not sure I want to pay $300 to fix this minor noise.
Is it weather related?

I only hear it in the winter when I start the car for the first 3-5 minutes until the cabin temp raises.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
mine is fairly constant it seems