question about ABC lowering spring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes W220 S55, Mercedes W208 CLK 230K, Suzuki Hayabusa, W220 S500
question about ABC lowering spring

Hi everyone...

Sorry maybe i'm in the wrong place to post about an S55, but i can't find any answers else where so maybe someone can help me here!!

Got a question which is turning me crazy and can't find any answers!

I had an S55 AMG which i sold a few months ago for a very good price, but i'm eating my finger because i've done a big mistake on selling that sweet car So my question:
The car was lowered with Lowering links, car looked wicked but it had this system what i even liked more!
After turning the engine off after about 5/7min the car went even more lower to about 1' /2 ich more, it was sitting very nice on my Lorinser 20' wheels and as soon as i turned the engine back on it went back to her lowered position again!

Abc didn't have any issue as i tooked the car various time to MB and Suspension didn't have any leak or error!!

I wanna buy another S55 soon and would like to have the same setting as the car had...this system that the car went lower after 5 min when i turned she off was just beautiful.

Any sugestions, maybe the ABC electronic was tuned/programmed or something or do S55 AMG go a bit lower after turning engine off? it's something i heard from a German Mercedes site?

There are lots of w220 with Airmatic/ABC issues and car after shutdown goes low , very low and the back of the car is nearly hitting the floor..i know that from friend of mine who had problems with his airmatic and the car was very low and he had a red warning sign on display.....My S55 went down after shtudown but not like that!

Hope someone can explain!

Last edited by mimix; 04-22-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 425 Posts
Mercedes
Sounds like some custom programming via star diagnostic , assuming there wasn't something wrong with the car causing it to lose pressure and drop after shutdown
Old 04-22-2012, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes W220 S55, Mercedes W208 CLK 230K, Suzuki Hayabusa, W220 S500
Originally Posted by tusabes
Sounds like some custom programming via star diagnostic , assuming there wasn't something wrong with the car causing it to lose pressure and drop after shutdown
No the car didn't have any issues..as i took she many times to MB when chaging brake pads and small work what had to be done!...so once i was at MB i always let the people from there check into my car with the star diagnostic.
Everything was alright..Pressure, no leak!

The car was driving very nice on the street and never had issus like, Car to low, or red warning sign or bouncing feeling..it was just nice.

So these custom Programming via star diagnostic is done at MB right?
Do you think now days they still do this kind of work if i just bring the car to them?

Last edited by mimix; 04-22-2012 at 05:10 AM.