Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 S500Amg
Change mirror signal LED lights on S Class and most mercedes

http://youtu.be/jYWyrXwLRIc

http://youtu.be/jYWyrXwLRIc

I want to pass this link along. When you people are trying to find how to stuff for your cars always check youtube. The following link is to show you how to swap out your old LED turn signals on your mirrors. I buy the LED lights themselves already made from ebay. They do NOT include the mirror housing and cost much less...$30/w free shipping depending on what is in stock. Note: Mercedes makes you buy the whole housing with the lights in them, which is stupid. They also are clear as opposed to the old crappy frost over lights. The problems that I can say I have had, are sometimes one of the LEDs go on the strip and you get a turn signal out warning on your dash. I have replaced several of these on my car because either they go from getting moisture or they also change color and I buy new LED units to brighten up the car. It's easy people, try it!

***Also the LED units you buy off ebay or the internet have the circuitry sealed up on the back of them with a hot glue gun. This is not very efficient, because it can cause an obstruction in the movement of the mirror. I modify mine by shaving the glue off with a razor blade until it just covers the wire. If your brave take it down further and fill it with epoxy, but only a thin enough layer to cover the wires and stuff or you will ruin it, or end up sanding off epoxy. Oh also they have those "clay epoxy tubes" which I have found more uses for than any other product I think I have ever bought. The stuff is great for anything and gives you 10-15 mins before it starts to harden. Just a thought though.