S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

John Nouri & A Porsche Carrera GT....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garage Temporarily Empty
John Nouri & A Porsche Carrera GT....

So, my 600 is having a bit of trouble starting for a few days and finally it shows a check engine llight and goes into limp home mode....... I bring it to the only place my S600 EVER goes for repair/performance modifications....Broadway Performance in Passaic NJ. John Nouri is the owner of the performance shop and Broadway Supercars http://www.broadwaysupercars.com/#!Home/mainPage and he treats me (and the rest of his customers) like someone who truely understands customer service.
Anyway, He calls me to say my car is ready and to come up to pick her up whenever I'm ready, but that he has a suprise waiting in his shop..Knowing John for over a year now, if he says a suprise, I know it's gonna be something serious. This is coming from a guy who tunes and maintains Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Bentleys, Mercedes and many other supercars with a list too long to write. Go to his gallery and see for yourself....
Truely impressive -http://www.broadway-performance.com/Gallery
So I arrive to see a silver Porsche Carrera GT in one of his bays. This car belongs to a close personal friend of John's.
I have not seen in person, let alone sat in one of these or a car much like it.
He says " get in, we're going for a ride".....
I try to get in.....clumsily, because of it's awkward threshold distance between me and the carbon fiber seats, but I do my best...Making sure to take great care.
He starts the GT and it sounds like an F1 car......screaming and not even in first gear yet.
We pull out and fly down the street and this Carrera is whaling.
The excelleration temporarily blurred my vision. no joke. It gave me a feeling of vertigo, almost like my equalibrium was off a bit.
80 mph and we didn't even make it out of second gear.

I was really impressed with this car...and how in the world, after this amazing ride in a $500,000 Carrera GT, was I supposed to feel like my tuned S600 was fast for the entire 2 hour ride home. Well, it didn't feel fast anymore. It felt like I was driving in glue after that Porsche ride.
But it was well worth it...
Here are a few photos.....
Thank you John Nouri. I really appreciate the ride. .
Attached Thumbnails John Nouri & A Porsche Carrera GT....-photo4.jpg   John Nouri & A Porsche Carrera GT....-photo2.jpg   John Nouri & A Porsche Carrera GT....-photo.jpg   John Nouri & A Porsche Carrera GT....-photo3.jpg   John Nouri & A Porsche Carrera GT....-photo7.jpg  

John Nouri & A Porsche Carrera GT....-photo8.jpg  

Last edited by Vabene7; 06-14-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Thats his car...not a customer car, right?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:58 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
The car belongs to a close personal friend of John's. He's a professional and doesn't just take customer vehicle's for a joyride....
Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 AM

opposite-lock...
Originally Posted by Oliverk
Thats his car...not a customer car, right?
OMF'G:

Chris, don't feed the trolls.

Dude, that's ****! I've heard they sound absurdly F1'ish - I've regretably only seen one so far, not even sat in let alone gotten a burn in. YABSTID!

Thanks for sharing.

Tho... I can't bellyache too much - I'm burning this for 3 hotlaps around an autox @ Foxboro Stadium tomorrow, after driving an orange GT3RS the 90mi to get there:

Now, say - DO TELL what the issue with your car was??? Duh! 8-) I'm aiming to get Johnny mine again come Aug or so whilst I'm @ the beach for 2wks and don't need it. Maybe / hopefully we can have another get together whilst there, that'd rule.

Johnny even called me the other day out of nowhere just to see how things were going with it - class act.

Good to hear from ya - been awhile. Hope you're weeones are well!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:35 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Thanks Paul....John is the best. And has become a great friend as well.

And what a beautiful Ferrari.....not to mention a GT3RS???? Wow! That is going to be a frat autocross day...

The ride in the GT was an amazing experience...hope you and the family are well.
I sure hope we can do another get-together soon. The last one was alot of fun. I will try and stay longer this time.

What do you say, Brucifer?