soft close issues?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 s500 4matic
soft close issues?????

hello
today i took out the pse vacuum pump and put in a new 20amp fuse , it did not blow so my pump is toast. i took the pump apart and the ground wire going to the motor was not connected. i was happy for a second thinking , i found my trouble, but that would not make the fuse blow. i put power to the motor and it was seized which heated the ground wire and the solder dripped off , thats why the wire was loose. i took the motor apart cleaned it, it ran for 3 minutes than stopped again. i ordered a new pump for $600. i cant wait to get it. is there any programming that needs to be done? and what is the other black box and theres also a plastic tank with air or hydraulik lines they also connect to something that is covered in grey foam, its rectangular about the size of a small loaf of bread. the box, tank and rectangular foam cover are located behind the vacuum pump.
thanks
Old 07-31-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MB S350 2006 220
PSE

Same happened with my S350 2006 W220.067. Bought the $600 pump and installed it. I had/have several leaks. The trunk leak was easy to fix with epoxy. Both front doors are leaking air but I have not yet started fixing them. I had to go to the MB dealer to reset the codes after installation of the Vac/Pressure pump. The chrome closing handle was operating in the reverse order than it should have and the lumbar supports stopped working. The resetting of the error codes corrected these things. Now I close the front doors harder so as not to use the soft close feature and always verify that they are fully closed so that my new pump will not burn up.
The black rectangular loaf is the pump in my car. I took a sharpie pen and numbered all lines before i removed them from the pump. It is important to get them back in the same order.
Good luck Mike M

Last edited by MBforMikeM; 07-31-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: added text