Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:56 PM
3xX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430
S430 Airmatic - odd leveling issue

Hello all,

I have a 2000 S430 which is currently experiencing an Airmatic issue. About a week ago, received an error on the message center informing me there was something wrong with the Airmatic, the car was too low, and that I should visit the workshop. After receiving this error, I noticed that the front passenger side of the car was noticeably lower than the rest of the car (tire and wheel was stuffed into the fender).

Here are the things I've done so far:
  • Checked fuses (none blown)
  • Checked pump (soapy water, no leaks found)
  • Checked strut & air lines (soapy water, no leaks found)

Now I've been reading of the many issues that people experience with Airmatic, however I haven't been able to find one that is exactly the same as mine. Upon turning on the car, the compressor will turn on and raise the car. But the front passenger side will lose air and dip, causing the compressor to turn on fairly frequently (every 5 minutes or so), to keep the ride height the same. I have noticed that the passenger side is lower than the drivers side (most noticeable is front passenger). Measuring the lip of the fender to the beginning of the rim of each, this is what I measured with Airmatic OFF, right after turning off the car.

DF - 6 1/2"
DR - 6 1/2"
PF - 4 7/8"
PR - 5 1/4"

Initially, I thought it was probably the single front passenger strut that needs to be replaced, but I haven't been able to fine any leak. And the passenger side as a whole is measured lower than the drivers side.

Any ideas of what might be going on?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails S430 Airmatic - odd leveling issue-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM
3xX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430
bump for some help