S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Let's guess the price! ABC Repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2012 | 06:35 PM

A Mercedes obviously!
The first SA I had a relationship with at the dealer (I always ended up being paired with him!) was a bit of a d**k, he made it clear in no uncertain terms that dealing with these warranties was a real chore for him and he hated doing it. He'd also return my car with new issues then tell me it was just coincidence and that it'd cost me to fix it, even though I was still sat at the dealership! I'd then have to kick up a stink either with him or the Service Manager to get the issue seen to!

I've since started seeing another SA who happened to work at Chrysler for 8yrs prior to coming to the dealership and seems to be a real star when it comes to these things and getting payment sorted the same day. He seems happy (perhaps through gritted teeth!) to help out and work with CSC.
Old 12-01-2012 | 08:44 PM

S600
That sucks Oliver. I had the warranty on my first S600 and it paid for itself many times over and never had ANY problems/hassles with repairs. I paid $3500 for the warranty and had between $12K and $15K in repairs (it has been a couple of years). The engine in that car was out of the vehicle TWICE! My second one has too many miles to get anyone to warranty it (110K). Too bad...that was the best $3500 I ever spent.

Glad you had the warranty to fall back on Fraser. It was my experience with mine that they were asking the same amount for the repairs (did it my self for under $1200). And those quotes were from indies, not the dealer.

K