S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

What is the Best Deal for Tire Pressure Sensors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car
Question What is the Best Deal for Tire Pressure Sensors?

Okay, so I slacked on getting the TPMS for a bit and as a result, tire-sensors.com does not really work as website and seems a bit suspicious to me when people have problems calling them.

So far, I believe that the sensors they sold are from Orange Electronics; however, searching for the S500 leads to them saying that the sensor number is SP101.

Should this number match the Beru #, SPB10B? And is Orange Electronics reputable?

If not, is there a good place to buy the Beru for less than $200?

So far, I found that RockAuto has sensors for the S-Class on sale, but only show the MB part number. I'm not sure if the right ones if they are under the brand "STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS" and list for $95 each
Old 01-20-2013, 07:22 AM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Tirerack.com also sells the TPMS sensors. I just looked it up and they want $77 for the sensor and $8 for the stem each for a total of $85 per wheel. The catch is it isn't that easy to find on the site. What I did was look up a tire and wheel package and add it to the cart. Then there will be a link to add the TPMS sensors to your cart. Then when you are ready to check out you can remove the tire and wheel package and the sensors stay in the cart. I did this a few years ago and the sensors fit and are still working a few years later. Good luck.
Johan

PS. My MB dealer refused to install the sensors. My SA told me they were the wrong parts since they were not from MB. She tried to show my why they wouldn't fit and tried putting the two parts together backwards. I did not even point out to her that she was trying to put the parts together backwards my confidence was lost in them at this point. I left went to and Indy and he installed them no problem. I HAVE NOT BEEN BACK TO THE DEALER SINCE! They even tried sending me a preloaded $1000 gift card to use on ANYTHING at the dealer. The catch is they will only give you a 15% discount every time until it is gone. I also get oil change special offers from them for $75.00 and I still will not go, f them.