S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

CAN U DISABLE AIRMATIC LIGHT?? S500 STRETCH LIMO CHANGED AIR SHOCKS TO REGULAR SHOCKS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL55 AMG
CAN U DISABLE AIRMATIC LIGHT?? S500 STRETCH LIMO CHANGED AIR SHOCKS TO REGULAR SHOCKS

**IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ THE WHOLE THING I WROTE, THATS FINE, JUST MY 2 QUESTIONS WOULD BE ENOUGH OR A QUICK SKIM THANKS GUYS!**

Hey guys how are you! I am new to this forum but I have had many many mercedes cars of all types! Right now I have this very rare Mercedes S500 STRETCH LIMOUSINE which is beautiful and amazing! It is just giving me some error messages on the dash board. I do want to mention that since this is a stretch limousine THE AIR SHOCKS HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE BUILDER who stretched this limousine, and it was fit with special regular shocks.

My first question is - on the dashboard, since it has the air shocks removed, there is a AIRMATIC VISIT WORKSHOP light on...is there ANY WAY to get this removed or bypassed? I have seen a mercedes stretch limo about 2 of them for sale, and I dont belive they have this message on the dash..why is that? Is there a way to program it or a part to bypass this message? Since there really is NOTHING wrong with the shocks.

My second question which should acctually be my first because this bothers me more, is I have the famous 3 malfunctions on my dashboard as well..ESP/ABS/BAS. I replaced the brake switch as many people say to change, and this did not help. I even replaced i believe it was the ESP sensor/module and this did not help at all. The malfunctions dont come on ALL THE TIME, usually when I start the car there will be no error messages besides the AIRMATIC, but as I drive about 15-20 miles, the 3 malfunctions will come back on. Does anybody know what this could be? I feel like it is something very small such as the brake switch (but it wasnt!). If there is anyone that can help me out there please help me or give me some pointers! I took this to my mercedes mechanic who has been working on mercedes for so many years, and he told me that those 3 lights are on because the shocks were changed and since the airmatic light is on, its giving a problem to the whole system. I do not really want to accept this anwser...i feel like those 3 lights at the very least CAN be taken out or fixed..it may be something very small since this is a common problem. Does any one feel like this may be because of the shocks and believe that?
Thanks guys! I appreciate it!!

(UPDATE BY THE WAY I TOOK THE CAR TO 3 MERCEDES MASTER TECHS, THEY ALL SAY THAT THE 3 LIGHTS ARE BECAUSE THE AIRMATIC SHOCK LIGHT..THERE ARE NO CODES WHAT SO EVER WHEN CONNECTED TO A STAR DIAGNOSTICS SYSTEM)
Old 02-03-2013, 08:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S600
Originally Posted by gililimo
(UPDATE BY THE WAY I TOOK THE CAR TO 3 MERCEDES MASTER TECHS, THEY ALL SAY THAT THE 3 LIGHTS ARE BECAUSE THE AIRMATIC SHOCK LIGHT..THERE ARE NO CODES WHAT SO EVER WHEN CONNECTED TO A STAR DIAGNOSTICS SYSTEM)
THREE MASTER TECHS told you this and you expected someone on the internet to override their advice/diagnosis??

Really?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by S600Keith
THREE MASTER TECHS told you this and you expected someone on the internet to override their advice/diagnosis??

Really?
....?? That was an update so that people can disregard my second question on if they really think that the 3 lights are caused by the "visit workshop airmatic light". My main question was if there is a way to BYPASS that airmatic light..and believe it or not, on another forum, I got my anwser!!! so
Old 02-04-2013, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 477 Likes on 423 Posts
Mercedes
Strutmasters and Arnott both sell airmatic warning cancelers with their shock conversion kits

Call both companies and see if they will sell you the airmatic warning canceler separate from their conversion package kit