S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

2000 s500 electric problem need help please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s500
2000 s500 electric problem need help please help

I have a 2000 s500 with 250000 miles car ran perfectly fine I had it for 5 years I bought the car with 70000 miles only work I had to do was replace one rear shock I need front lower control arm so I put the whole front end kit off of eBay for 550 and all rear control arms . Regular oil change and brake job that's all I love this car but yesterday I went time and lube for oil change when I got done I started the car and it said display defective , airmatic, ESP , bas brake assist and nothing is working now my right front head light is not working my windows won't work
My seats won't work my sun roof won't work my interior lights won't work turn signal wont work cruise control wony work my remote won't work so no locking and unlocking soft close nothing is work I windows are Down and won't go up . Only thing that is working is radio left headlight and it starts and drives please help me out I know there is no water in the car it hasn't raind in like 2 months I locked at the sam they are not wet I don't understand everything just shut down . I had but a new battery in like a month ago
Old 11-08-2013, 07:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Range Rover
I would still check the battery. I've bought a bad one before. If not, then it's a bad Sam
Old 11-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
probably front SAM has gone bad
Old 11-08-2013, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
2003 S500 - Toyota Corolla (in the rain)
Try disconnecting the battery for about 15 or 20 minutes and see what happens after you reconnect it. That is the easiest and cheapest diagnosis. Don't forget that after you reconnect the battery you will need to go through the resynchronizing phase.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:44 PM

2002 S430
New battery or not the symptoms point to insufficient power.

A simple voltage check using an electrometer is not conclusive.
Before start, you'll read probably 12 - 12.5 V. When you fire up the engine the voltage drops at least 2 V or more. When the generator kicks in, the Voltage in the system climbs to 14V.
That can be too late if the battery output dropped significantly below 10V.
The electronics (including the SAMs) goes awry, and suddenly you get dozens of malfunctions, no functions, crazy and scary messages.
Give your battery an overnight recharge, clean the terminals, it may help.

If not, still a good idea to borrow a good/new battery and check the system.

I had this same annoyance, and my battery looked soooo good. The service wanted to change some SAMs, big money.
Diagnosis may point to the SAMs, that is the place where the signals not processed correctly.
Please notice, it always happen when we start the engine. Never suddenly interrupting a normal drive. If that happens, it is one problem, not a multitude of problems.

Do not think you are first one getting in this trouble. There is a big crowd ahead of you.
Good luck
Old 11-09-2013, 04:53 AM

s500
I did the battery reset and the steering wheel
Relearn still same thing I put my BMW 745 battery in it today the also check alternator is good even when I plug a star diagnose it can't communicate with nothing except the cluster nothing is workings windows are still down the cooling fan is constantly running real fast
All fuse look good
Even if it is a sam which one how can I find out its 3 of them
The star dig can't communicate I checked all the CAN wires they look good I checked all ground wires see I don't understand why everything stop together had a s class before that the rear sam got water damage and I only lost a few option like gas gauge tail light blinking but nothing like this . Right now it's only starting and driving it shifts fines
But the ride is really hard I guess cuz of the airmatic light
Man hope is nothing big I love this car I been driving her 100 Milles A day for 5 years and she ran beautiful

Ones u drive a s class u can't go back
I been driving my classic 1984 500sel for about a week man this cars never get old still strong Mercedes for life

Last edited by balal; 11-09-2013 at 05:09 AM.