S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Changes in roadside assistance beginning Jan 2014

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 S550 4matic
Changes in roadside assistance beginning Jan 2014

Went out last night car dead no power nothing, never had this problem. Drove the car earlier not problem. Call roadside received tape message beginning in Jan 2014 Mercedes will no longer give complimentary roadside unless your vehicle is still under factory warranty, only free tow to dealership. Has anyone else received this notice of change? received call back from tech, he told me the rule will be you must spend $150 minimum a year at your local dealer to get the roadside assistance for that calendar year.

Last edited by la22bay; 12-19-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
I thought it's been that way for a few years now
Old 12-19-2013, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2003 S500 - Toyota Corolla (in the rain)
I received notification from MB last year that the rules of roadside assistance were changing. The owner would be required to spend a certain amount of money in repairs each year at an authorized dealer to qualify for the assistance.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Range Rover
Yeah, I got that one. Wow. Mercedes isn't what it used to be. I feel like I should get some money back since I purchased my ml new and that was part of the deal
Old 12-19-2013, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 S550 4matic
Angry

Originally Posted by la22bay
Went out last night car dead no power nothing, never had this problem. Drove the car earlier not problem. Call roadside received tape message beginning in Jan 2014 Mercedes will no longer give complimentary roadside unless your vehicle is still under factory warranty, only free tow to dealership. Has anyone else received this notice of change? received call back from tech, he told me the rule will be you must spend $150 minimum a year at your local dealer to get the roadside assistance for that calendar year.

So I get the 2000 S430 back up running, trying to pinpoint what drained the battery. I go out tonight and there it is rear seat dome lights won't shut off. Press button no response. Is it the fuse or relay? dome fuse f77 is under rear seat right according to diagram. Now the good part I can't figure out how this seat comes out, its dark so I knowing if the battery drain I'm right back to square one. So I disconnect negative cable battery to shut down lights, I can't find cellphone leave car trunk lid up hood up get phone return to driveway, didn't know when power is disconnected the vacuum arms that hold trunk up stop working so now trunk locked, key will turn the lock but will not open trunk, get spare skeleton key same turn trunk lid won't open. Now I'm really screwed, Ground is off battery removing plate in floor on passenger side won't work, why no power to jump trunk lock button in car. Question how do I now get in the trunk, and also has anyone have this rear dome lights won't turn off problem and what causes this, never had a problem with car runs excellent now this. relay bad or fuse?