S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

No Power To trunk release - Not Puck Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2014 | 01:18 PM

S500
No Power To trunk release - Not Puck Problem

Thanks to the forum, I fixed my hockey puck with the recommended epoxy.

However before and after the fix, I still have a problem with the keys and interior trunk release not releasing trunk.

I found a similar thread for E series with excellent fix of a broken brown power wire. However their setup is slightly different and I did not see where the S500 problem would be. I have removed the lining and see obviously broken wire.
Correction
My keys do work on releasing the trunk - I have to press the keys several times to get the trunk release to work.

I sealed the black hockey puck, but did not seal the white square bladder that is next to it and is reported to leak. Hopefully the white bladder is the source of the vacuum that will retract the plastic piston from the hockey puck, which does not retract after the trunk opens.

In fact I have to manually push in the plastic piston in able to close the trunk.

I have performed the remove the hose from the PSE block as instructed on a great post on benzworld.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...ml#post4298905

To sum it up I have pressure from the Black hockey puck in the trunk that allows the trunk to open, but I am not getting vacuum that retracks the piston.

I am almost done with the 30 different issues I had with the car.

Only things left.
Drivers side valve cover change
Passenger Side SRS seat change
ABS module replace
passenger side view mirror fix

and this trunk issue. Thanks.

Last edited by majorpeace; 05-10-2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Correction to problem