S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

DVD playing???????????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2003 | 11:52 AM

2004 S 4Matic
DVD playing???????????

I have a 2004 S Class.

I am unable to play either an audio DVD or a video DVD. It plays a small portion of the first tract and then stops.

It is suppose to play DVDs.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem.

Thanks
Old 12-23-2003 | 01:46 PM

2004 S55
I've played with both a 2004 CL and S audio system in my dealer's showroom. What I found odd was that, even with the emergency brake depressed, the audio of a video DVD plays but the video is not shown on screen. Instead, a message appears saying something like "the video is not being shown so as not to distract the driver...". I think that here in the US, the law mandates that front video displays must be made inactive unless the emergency brake is engaged. So, I was perplexed by what appeared onscreen. I can only imagine that this is an extreme form of litigation protection decided by MBUSA.
Old 12-23-2003 | 07:18 PM

2004 S 4Matic
DVD playing ?????????

Apparently I didnt make myself understood.

When I say play I mean play all the tracts. I did say that all it plays a small portion of the first tract. I also get a screen that it will be greyed out to prevent distraction to the driver. This is covered in the users manual.

When I say play, I mean the capability to play all tracts.
Old 12-23-2003 | 09:03 PM

2004 S55
Eli,

Are you saying that even if you try to skip forward to the next track (for DVD-Audio) or chapter (for DVD Video), it won't play those? That I did try and it seemed to work ok. Or are you saying that if you just let the first track/chapter play it stops part of the way in and doesn't finish that track/chapter or continue on to the next one? If it only happened on one disc, it could be a scratch or some other blemish on the surface of the disc. On the other hand, if it happened on multiple discs taht does eem odd. By the way, does the manual say anything about being able to play DVD Videos under any circumstances without having that "distraction" screen appear?

Jeff

Last edited by rgbyhkr; 12-23-2003 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-25-2003 | 05:40 PM

2004 S 4Matic
DVD Playing

Let me summarize....when I put in either an audio or a video DVD I first get a screen, ...loading media, the next screen speaks about the greying out of the screen to prevent distration to the driver......then the first tract starts playing. When it stops after, maybe 1/4 of the first tract, Ipush one of the soft keys along either side of the screen and this brings up a function menu, and I press Play----------nothing happens.

Thanks