S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Where Does This Wire Go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S500
Where Does This Wire Go?

Working on my 2000 S500 and here's the story. I took out the fan shroud to replace the motor, and broke the inlet to the radiator in the process. The car sat for about three months cuz I had other drivable cars and didn't want to spend the money at the time, so the air suspension sagged. In order to keep the homeowners association off my butt for having a broken down car in my driveway, in my infinite wisdom I started the car to pump the suspension back up, and didn't even think about it spitting transmission fluid all over the driveway. Dumb ***....

Anyway, after I got it all together, the car starts and runs fine but there are all kinds of warning lights on. When giving the engine compartment a visual, I found this wire loose and don't remember taking it loose. Any idea where it goes? I'm hoping it has something to do with all the lights rather than just transmission fluid pissin' all over my driveway.

This is right in front of the radiator overflow tank, between that and the radiator core support. It's a two pin wire on a very short lead, maybe 6" of which is loose to move it around, but for the life of me I can't see anything it would hook up to. The windshield washer pump's up in the area but it's got a wire already hooked up to it.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 350 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
Any light connections that it will reach?

Did the battery go dead or get low? If so, have you done any of the resets shown in the "Start Here" thread in the stickies at the top of the page?
Old 10-13-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 S430
I think you made no mistake about forgetting a connection.
If you had headlight wiper/washer, this would connect to a second pump in the washer fluid container.
At least, it looks exactly like mine and I know it is not connected to anything since I do not have the headlight washer option.
The connection should be capped though to protect the pins.
I have an S430, still I am pretty sure your driveway is safe of getting transmission fluid stains.