S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Louis Vuitton S500!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vik,

What do people do on this forum? (1) ask for advice (2) give advice (3) point out things they like (4) point out things they don't like.

I pointed out something I didn't like - aftermarket initial badges on the back of an S-class. My opinion meant something to Armani because he responded - but it didn't mean enough to dissuade him from getting his initials on his trunk. Cool - but doesn't it go without saying that he's not going to modify his car based on my preferences? Read between the lines - that's what my second post says. Basically, if my opinion didn't "mean nothing" to him, then he'd have to change a couple of the other things on his car he likes that I don't. That would obviously never happen.

The whole purpose of an S-class forum is to talk about S-classes - your own, and other people's. If everyone just worried about their own stuff, there'd be no discussion.

I think we can wrap up this little discussion by saying that Armani likes trunk initials, headlight rings, and add-on chrome tips and I don't. I do however, like his LD1's - so we don't disagree on everything.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 Mercedes S500
Viktorious, I received the emblems today and unfortunately my first initial has a pretty visible scratch on it which is preventing me from wanting to place them on the trunk right now. I've now become more concerned as to whether or not it will damage the paint when the time comes for me to remove it. I wouldn't want to make such a damage for a $13 aftermarket item...
But on the other hand it can't be much different than the emblems that are put on from the factory which I've seen removed easily without any damage being done to the paint. If someone can reassure me that there will be no consequences I'll put the emblems on. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Originally posted by ArMaNi S500
Viktorious, I received the emblems today and unfortunately my first initial has a pretty visible scratch on it which is preventing me from wanting to place them on the trunk right now. I've now become more concerned as to whether or not it will damage the paint when the time comes for me to remove it. I wouldn't want to make such a damage for a $13 aftermarket item...
But on the other hand it can't be much different than the emblems that are put on from the factory which I've seen removed easily without any damage being done to the paint. If someone can reassure me that there will be no consequences I'll put the emblems on. Thanks.
That that scratched up A, and put it on a POS car that you dont car about... and then see if you can take it off, just buy another letter...
Old 02-24-2004, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Originally posted by MercedOut
Vik,

What do people do on this forum? (1) ask for advice (2) give advice (3) point out things they like (4) point out things they don't like.

I pointed out something I didn't like - aftermarket initial badges on the back of an S-class. My opinion meant something to Armani because he responded - but it didn't mean enough to dissuade him from getting his initials on his trunk. Cool - but doesn't it go without saying that he's not going to modify his car based on my preferences? Read between the lines - that's what my second post says. Basically, if my opinion didn't "mean nothing" to him, then he'd have to change a couple of the other things on his car he likes that I don't. That would obviously never happen.

The whole purpose of an S-class forum is to talk about S-classes - your own, and other people's. If everyone just worried about their own stuff, there'd be no discussion.

I think we can wrap up this little discussion by saying that Armani likes trunk initials, headlight rings, and add-on chrome tips and I don't. I do however, like his LD1's - so we don't disagree on everything.
I agree, but theres something called constructive criticism, its much better than flat out telling people stuff they put on isnt tasteful, but i agree with you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:35 PM

2000 Mercedes S500
Viktorious, that's probably what I'll end up doing although affixing the emblem and removing it after a short time might have a different conclusion compared to leaving it on for a couple years which is what I'd plan on doing.

You bring up a good point. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Mercedout, I'd like to also point out some of the things I dislike about your 220. For starters, it's purple. If you're gay, which seems very likely, then I can't argue why you'd choose that color. If you're straight, then you're sending the wrong message to the gay guys out there. As far as your rims, they look like 21" [cheap] chrome daffodils. I can picture those things on a VW Beetle but not a Mercedes. Don't get me wrong, I too like one thing about your car...the fact that it's an S class. That's about it.

Next time you criticize other people's cars take a look at yours first to make sure nothing negative can be said of it.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Originally posted by IluvS500
I agree about the exterior, its ugly. I was looking at the inside more than the outside. The rims are too fugly. How much do you think it would cost to have that interior done? I wouldnt mind doin that to my S500 when I get one.
LV/Gucci etc interior is MUCH cheaper to do than suede or 2 tone leather...just not sure the EXACT price. BTW those Lowenharts look good in ONLY chrome or black =p
Old 02-26-2004, 04:00 PM

The end?

Something negative can be said about any car because negative comments are subjective. One thing that isn't subjective is price, and someone whose vehicle is sporting two of the cheapest s-class mods available (chrome add-on tips and headlight rings) shouldn't really bring up price. However, it's good to see you're following the theme of "keeping it cheap" by getting the stick-on initials.

Now that you've given me your negative opinions regarding my car, let me respond to them in the way that most people respond to negative opinions - not by saying "YOU'RE OPINION MEANS NOTHING TO ME", but rather, by telling you why I disagree.

Almandine Black/Purple is a unique color that people who see my car refer to as burgandy or black cherry. I had a Black S-class before I got this one, so I wanted something dark, but not the same color. Light purple/lavender definitely looks gay, but mine is dark enough and red enough that it doesn't look gay to me.

I believe that 20's look too small on the S-class so I would only buy 21's for that car. That narrows the choices down to Dramas, LD1's, or Benjamins. Since LD1's come in all the smaller sizes, they are very common and I see them too much. I had Dramas on my last S-class so I picked Benjamins to have something different. Everyone I've talked to likes this one better.

I'm newer to the forum than you are, but I would assert that my response to your negative views was more worthwhile than was your response to mine. When you look at the Burgandy S class with 21 inch daffodills and think "I don't like that - what was he thinking", you have your answer. When I look at the Silver S-class with old-fashioned looking headlight rings, cheap add-on tips, and "AS" written on the trunk and wonder what you were thinking, I still don't know. I can't imagine anyone who sees your car thinking that's cool.

So, does that wrap things up?
Old 02-27-2004, 02:13 AM

2000 Mercedes S500
You're 100% wrong. Tell me, how old are you and what do you do? I can't see it being anything that requires half a brain as you apparently don't even have that much. I'm through with you. I don't buy mods based on their price I buy them based on whether or not I feel they make the car look better or unique. As far as price, a silver s500 would sell for more than a PURPLE s class. my rims cost more than yours. my tires cost more than yours. just wanted to make that clear.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Mercedes E350 Sport
Well how old are you "aRmANi"? are you dA PHatEst gAngsta? Your responses to someones opinion are very childish, you lash out if someone says something about your car. IMHO the headlight rings and letters are tacky.

Are you gonna talk trash cause' I have a negative opinion of some mods to your car?
Old 02-28-2004, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
You seemed pretty bothered by our comments MercedOut.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211
Originally posted by MB AMG
You seemed pretty bothered by our comments MercedOut.
:p :p p hahaha
Old 03-01-2004, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
GOD i LOVE W220 WARS!!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:53 PM

2000 Mercedes S500
HAHA
Old 03-01-2004, 09:48 PM

2000 Mercedes S500
CUSTOM EMBLEMS

I FINALLY DECIDED TO GO AHEAD AND PUT THE CHROME EMBLEMS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE TRUNK. BESIDES JUST CLEANING THE SURFACE, I PUT A COAT OF CLEAR POLISH ON THE AREA WHERE THE LETTERS WOULD GO. THE FIRST TIME I PUT IT ON I WAS UNSATISFIEDAND WAS ABLE TO EASILY REMOVE THEM ALL AND RE-ATTACH THEM WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. (VIKTORIOUS I THINK YOU SHOULD BE OK) FOR PICTURE, CLICK THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE AND CHECK ON PAGE 2.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Mercedeout nailed you Armani

Your response to Armani is hilarious! very well written obviously we know who has half a brain.....By the way what type of body kit do you have on your S ? Looks like a combination AMG front +rear bumpers w/lorinser side skirts?