S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Weird New Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 03:10 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
S55 AMG
Weird New Tail Lights

So I was just looking around the web for some tail light mods, and then I found these style of tail lights that I have never seen before. Take a look:

Clear variant:

Smoked variant:

I personally don't like them, but I thought I might as well share it since there may be someone out there that may like them. I found them off this weird Japanese website: http://www.office-kk.jp/vehicles/5-27.html
Old 08-22-2015, 06:30 PM

Received 78 Likes on 44 Posts
S-series 2003 S500 4matic
Thanks, always great to post new parts for the W220...
The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (10-08-2021)
Old 08-24-2015, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
2003 S500 - Toyota Corolla (in the rain)
The center lens seems a bit too large for my taste. I suppose after a while it might just wear on you.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:27 PM

S55 AMG
They look like the pre-facelift W221 style tail lights without the color-coded stripes on the top and bottom. They also have the LED running lights on the bottom portion of the tail lights. So it's pretty much just a W221 style tail light without the color-coding.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 S500
I saw these a long time ago, price wise I wouldnt buy them considering you are looking at around $400 for the lights plus around $200+estimated for shipping.
Office-K is a well known company in japan and im sure they are quality work.

Originally Posted by ibeforreal
The center lens seems a bit too large for my taste. I suppose after a while it might just wear on you.
This.

Im currently in the process of making my own custom Acrylic/ LED Tail Lights but still doing research as I dont want warnings in my dash over the light output lol
Old 08-27-2015, 10:08 PM

S55 AMG
Originally Posted by IDFWU
Im currently in the process of making my own custom Acrylic/ LED Tail Lights but still doing research as I dont want warnings in my dash over the light output lol
I would really want to see the facelifted W221 style full LED tail lights being made for the W220. It is entirely possible, and if companies like Spec D already made W222 style headlights for the W220, I don't see why they can't do the same for the tail lights. If you look at a facelifted W221 tail light, you can see that the basic shapes and design can easily be fitted into a W220 tail light. They already did it with the prefacelift W221 tail lights for the W220....

If I can make custom tail lights, I would so do that. We just have to hope some company decides to make them. Also, keep us updated on your custom tail lights, I would love to see how they turn out!

Last edited by AlexMercedes; 08-27-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:15 PM

2005 S500
Originally Posted by AlexMercedes
I would really want to see the facelifted W221 style full LED tail lights being made for the W220. It is entirely possible, and if companies like Spec D already made W222 style headlights for the W220, I don't see why they can't do the same for the tail lights. If you look at a facelifted W221 tail light, you can see that the basic shapes and design can easily be fitted into a W220 tail light. They already did it with the prefacelift W221 tail lights for the W220....

If I can make custom tail lights, I would so do that. We just have to hope some company decides to make them. Also, keep us updated on your custom tail lights, I would love to see how they turn out!
really? I have to check out spec D's site on that.
Thats the style I was going for (w221) but after my friend photoshop'd them for me I (personally) didnt think they flow well with out body line, so I was going to do my own in a w222 style maybe with some other styles from another car. I was thinking Central Pine would make them for me since they do that kind of stuff. check them out they can give you a quote but I will tell you this much they are not cheap at all to do lol

will do but its not something that will happen over night lol. I gotta make sure that doing this MOD wont throw codes, if it doesnt maybe sooner then expected.

just checked spec D site I only saw the front headlights but no tails :/

Last edited by IDFWU; 08-27-2015 at 10:18 PM. Reason: checked spec D site
Old 08-27-2015, 10:22 PM

S55 AMG
really? I have to check out spec D's site on that.
Thats the style I was going for (w221) but after my friend photoshop'd them for me I (personally) didnt think they flow well with out body line, so I was going to do my own in a w222 style maybe with some other styles from another car. I was thinking Central Pine would make them for me since they do that kind of stuff. check them out they can give you a quote but I will tell you this much they are not cheap at all to do lol

will do but its not something that will happen over night lol. I gotta make sure that doing this MOD wont throw codes, if it doesnt maybe sooner then expected.

just checked spec D site I only saw the front headlights but no tails :/
Just go on google images and type "W220 tail lights" and you should see a few pictures of the prefacelift W221 style tail lights. They don't look good IMO.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:58 PM

2005 S500
Just go on google images and type "W220 tail lights" and you should see a few pictures of the prefacelift W221 style tail lights. They don't look good IMO.
ahh prefacelift, I was talking about the 2010+ tail light. ive seen the prefacelift tailight, no gracias lol.

to do the 2010+ tailight style I would have to get new face acrylic bc the sections are too small to make in that style, but since I have to put new acrylic in thats going to cost a lot more.

these are some ideas Im throwing around.
AND YES I KNOW THESE ARENT MANY PEOPLES CUP OF TEA

OEM w220 for reference:

styles im thinking off, or Ideas and bits I know they are from different cars but its just ideas. so chillax lol

Old 08-28-2015, 12:42 AM

S55 AMG
ahh prefacelift, I was talking about the 2010+ tail light. ive seen the prefacelift tailight, no gracias lol.

to do the 2010+ tailight style I would have to get new face acrylic bc the sections are too small to make in that style, but since I have to put new acrylic in thats going to cost a lot more.

these are some ideas Im throwing around.
AND YES I KNOW THESE ARENT MANY PEOPLES CUP OF TEA
You know, now when I'm closely examining the OEM tail lights, I see a perfect opportunity for adding 4 acrylic stripes in the position of the 4 white stripes in the OEM tail lights and have the lens completely red and not dented inwards at the white stripes. It would create a clean look that stays loyal to the OEM design. Brake lights can be LED at their OEM position. For the bottom half of the tail light, probably red LED turn signals. How does it sound?
Old 08-28-2015, 01:58 AM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS63, S55
How about these custom made full led taillights from japan?

Last edited by Mikeki7; 08-28-2015 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:07 AM

2005 S500
You know, now when I'm closely examining the OEM tail lights, I see a perfect opportunity for adding 4 acrylic stripes in the position of the 4 white stripes in the OEM tail lights and have the lens completely red and not dented inwards at the white stripes. It would create a clean look that stays loyal to the OEM design. Brake lights can be LED at their OEM position. For the bottom half of the tail light, probably red LED turn signals. How does it sound?
Thats what I was thinking. I just need to buy an extra set from the junkyard to kinda fiddle with ideas.

Originally Posted by Mikeki7
How about these custom made full led taillights from japan?
I think these are the Office-K LED tailights.