S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Climate Control Lights and Blend Door

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2015 | 12:21 AM

S430
Climate Control Lights and Blend Door

2004 S430

Gentlemen, I'm experiencing 2 climate control problems that I think may be related. I've noticed for several months that the passenger side temp control blue and red arrows are no longer illuminated at night. This wasn't too difficult to live with. The other problem I'm having (in Auto mode) is that the passenger side air is blowing on the windshield, causing condensation on the outside. I figured this was the default setting of the blend door and it might be returning to "home" for some reason. So I popped out the direction control button on the passenger side to try see if the condensation would not develop after aiming the air to the floor. That worked. When I then pushed the button back in, the "Auto" light in the center of the button only illuminated briefly as the button was on it's way in. Once all the way in, it turned dark.

The A/C system seems to be working decently otherwise. Houston temps are in the upper 90s with very high humidity. The car does take 10 minutes or so to get comfortable after sitting outside. It is particularly tough on the backseat passengers as I don't have a blower for the rear vents. A/C system does not display any error codes.

Any advice or tips will be well received. Thanks in advance. - John

Last edited by HoustonJohn; 08-26-2015 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the codes...