S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Trunk, head rest and door locks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S500 Mercedes
Trunk, head rest and door locks

love working in the Florida heat!! Can't figure this one out???

This is the latch that won't close

Hi out there!! We are newbies and look forward getting to know you all. We have a, 2004 S500 and the other day my Grandson open my trunk with the handle on the trunk and now it will not retract. It seemed instantly the trunk will not open with the fob, just with the key . The door locks won't work nor will the back head rest, nor the soft close on the doors. The photos are of Jeff trying to retract the trunk latch. One more thing Jeff removed the only 20 amp fuse in the back seat fuse box and it looked fine. Removed all the trunk lining and the PSE vacuum runs when you close the door but the above still doesn't works.. If anybody has had this problem please let us know how your resolved it. Thanks in advance!!! The Little's
Old 09-08-2015, 08:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 S500
Could be the actuator, best thing to do is to take it to someone with STAR it will pin point the leak or problem.

I had the same issue on mine, truck actuator, trunk latch, door locks and soft close.
they replaced the pump on mine but they still would work only to find out 2 soft close were dead, 3 door locks were dead and the trunk latch was dead also.
If you have something similar to my situation be prepared to spend over $6k at the stearlership
Old 09-08-2015, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
2003 S500 - Toyota Corolla (in the rain)
Take it to the dealership to get a diagnosis then take it to someone else or fix it yourself to save a lot of money.