S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

V12 Brake booster hose connection?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 03:22 PM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
2004 S600
V12 Brake booster hose connection?

So when I had my intake off doing the water/meth spray bar install, I didn't really have any trouble with the hose connection on the back...however, I noticed the car was a bit sluggish at mid-throttle positions after the fact, and I would swear I could hear whooshing like a boost leak, so I did a leak test. It's leaking air pretty badly at that brake booster hose connection. Is there supposed to be an o-ring in there somewhere that could have fallen out or gotten lost?

I did quite a bit of searching and have found a lot of posts about people who have broken that fitting and such, but no definitive information on how many pieces are there or how it's supposed to go together. The fitting is definitely snapped in all the way (it won't pull out) but does feel like it has too much slop in it as if there is a missing o-ring or something. Anybody have part numbers or information/pictures about this?
Old 05-12-2016, 03:53 AM

2004 S600
Ok, so I looked at my spare manifold. There is in fact an oring inside the fitting. Evidently it was damaged or fell out or something. Doesn't look like it's going to be fun to figure out how to replace.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 350 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
These are quick-connect fittings - investigate before breaking it!
Old 05-12-2016, 12:22 PM

2004 S600
Originally Posted by wallyp
These are quick-connect fittings - investigate before breaking it!
Yes, I know. I've released and reinstalled it several times with no issues as far as breaking the fitting. But evidently something happened to the O-ring that sits in the groove about 1/2" inside the fitting.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:10 AM

2004 S600
Ok, so I disassembled my spare manifold's brake booster connection tonight. It's a push-lok type fitting, with an o-ring just past where the teeth bite into the plastic barb. The o-ring on my spare manifold was hard as a rock and broke instantly upon trying to remove it. So I elected not to fuss with it on the manifold that's in the car...it will obviously be another manifold-out operation to repair properly so in the meantime I applied liberal amounts of silicone to the barb and stuck it back in. Hopefully it will seal up, if not, it will at least be significantly less of a leak until I can make time to remove the manifold again.

I can say that when it does come out, I'm definitely removing the quick-connect and tapping it for, or welding on a hose barb.