S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Most do not own a merc or a bmw

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw z3 2.8
Most do not own a merc or a bmw

I am so tired of fools that come on here who write at the bottum of their post the cars that they have or their parents have, but yet do not have the pics to back it up... but can put down what they have. It is bull****, on the bmw board everyone posts their pics at least once, or gives out their email and is glad to send their pics.. half of the people reading and posting have riced out civics and are posting bull****. Those of you who do that and really just wish you had a merc or a bmw need to just say what car you have, it makes no difference to the readers.. it's just that you who do not have the car do not have an informed opinion on it b/c you do not own one.

DMW
Old 04-01-2002, 10:38 AM

500 SEC
Re: Most do not own a merc or a bmw

Originally posted by drexelbmw
I am so tired of fools that come on here who write at the bottum of their post the cars that they have or their parents have, but yet do not have the pics to back it up... but can put down what they have. It is bull****, on the bmw board everyone posts their pics at least once, or gives out their email and is glad to send their pics.. half of the people reading and posting have riced out civics and are posting bull****. Those of you who do that and really just wish you had a merc or a bmw need to just say what car you have, it makes no difference to the readers.. it's just that you who do not have the car do not have an informed opinion on it b/c you do not own one.

DMW
That is pretty good for a first post newbie!

Way to go, first impression is right in the face type. I just finished watching the new weekly program AFP "American Fighter Pilot" interesting show, it may help with some insight.

Good luck to you and WELCOME!

(and I used to think SAAB owners were a bit presumptious, your cool keep it coming!)
Old 04-01-2002, 11:40 AM

MB S430, E46 328Ci
point well made

Welcome to the Board
Old 04-01-2002, 04:55 PM

c230 kompressor
Hey drex my dad drives a Yukon, I drive a Tahoe (getting c230 soon) and my mom drives a CLK 320. Not everybody here drives 100k + cars
Old 04-01-2002, 07:15 PM

I see what your saying but I think some people feel if they say they have high end Benzes then they think people will listen to them. There are people out there who drive crappy cars but know more about ie an S class than someone who owns an S class. This is all my opinion but I dont think it is a big deal.

Cheers
Old 04-01-2002, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S500 Sport
I have never owned a Mercedes before until I got my S500 which is the same time I found mbworld.org. and started reading up on Mercedes and posting posts. Even when my father bought an S500 a year before I got mine, I didn't actively look for benz boards. For sure if I didn't have a Mercedes, I probably wouldn't be writing (or reading) much if anything on this board, but if I was thinking about getting one then I surely would have something to say and read about. But that's IMHO. The same goes for the BMW board, too. Seen it but never bothered to read it until I got my X5 4.6is Hopefully I'll have a reason to look at the Ferrari board sometime soon
Old 04-01-2002, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
I'm in agreement with drexel. I'll be proud to admit that I drive a Honda with 1/3 million miles on it that I bought five years ago for 1500 bucks. I don't give a hell what anybody thinks, it's just a car.
Old 04-01-2002, 11:27 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 MB S500, 2001 BMW 4.4L X5, 2001 BMW M-Coupe
HdS500, I completley agree...who cares!

Many people can be A## weathly and not drive any nice cars...it's just a matter of a person's opinion or not (whether they feel that investing money into cars is to their taste). I come from a wealthy neighborhood and to be honest, ya tons of people drive a BMW or MB but some of the richest people I know drive old beat up cars.

And about the BMW posts...well, I spend most of my time there because I own two BMW's, but I still love reading up on the MB. MB just makes the best luxury sedans (BMW can't compair). Also, replying to someone's post...BMW drivers tend to be more performance enthusiast drivers so you see a lot more action going on there.

Anyway, I'm just rambling...
Old 04-01-2002, 11:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Hey Ansonnn...you're SOOOOO lucky you got the 4.6. What color did you get it in? The red or the blue???? I got to drive the 4.6 at a BMW X5 Meet in NJ a few months ago...WOW did I love it!

I begged my Dad to get that for me (no luck though). So anyway, I just have a 4.4i but I did some modifications to it. You should hear my Eisenmann exhausts! Hehe. I'm signed up for the Cayenne so when my X5 lease cuts, I'll race ya!
Old 04-02-2002, 08:56 AM

bmw z3 2.8
post pics

ok.. hahahah as for my side of this again.. if anyone wants to say what cars they and their family has in my little article here... than u have to post pics of them.. seriously.. johnny i have a 2001 mcoupe i don't think u do... if u did u would have pics of that car.. and u would have pics of ur moms car and dads too... if so post them.. other than that.. do not site them.

DMW
Old 04-02-2002, 10:19 AM
Almost a Member!

drexelbmw, the M-Coupe isn't expensive...it's not like it's some amazing 100K car...sorry bro.

And if I did have a digital camera...I'll shove all the pics up your a##.
Old 04-02-2002, 10:40 AM

bmw z3 2.8
sure u would... b/c i believe you have those cars....

I'm sure you would..... after you sold ur rice burner and worked for 40 yrs.

DMW

(i hate liars)
Old 04-02-2002, 11:38 AM
Almost a Member!

Sorry drex...you're pathetic. If you went to the X5Meet4 in NJ, or if you know anyone that went...they'll tell you.

It's sad how you care so much about what cars other people have or don't. Who cares (jealous much?). This is a site about talking about cars...not a site about telling people what cars they have or don't. And just so you shut up, I'm gonna borrow my buddies digital and post all 6 cars at my house.

Then hopefully, you'll start to shutup and fell really good about yourself....

And just to tell you, I'm only 20 and heading to law school after one more year. Sorry, won't be selling rice burners...and if you knew where I'm from, you probably wouldn't be writing all this c$#@. Get a life bro...
Old 04-02-2002, 11:48 AM

bmw z3 2.8
jelous!?

i'm not jealous pal, why would i be jealous of an adult!? And why would i goto the x5 meet in NJ.. when I live in philadelphia and attended the bmwcca meet and king of prussia? Argueing over symantics is dumb.. the point here is, and i think that you would agree, that talking about cars are fine.. listing that a person owns a car and not actually owning a car is not.. the thing also is that liars that do that also argue over things about those cars that they do not have and it wastes time and is really pointless. If u can provide the pics of all the cars, hot ****, i'll believe you.. it's not like u have to prove it to me.. right now don't think u can.. if u can... i'll shut the hell up.. and congradulate you and then we can chat...

DMW
Old 04-02-2002, 11:55 AM

bmw z3 2.8
don't care

dude, i'm 19.. i don't give a **** where your from, u could come from the hills of ali bubba where the houses are trade centers and still drive a on the subject car. Currently i am a sophmore in 2 years i will be going to law school too, b it makes no diff i don't care if u think u will be succesful. Send me a pic or post a pic of your x5 with the hamman mirrors and the exhaust, ur silver m coupe, s500 sport.

DMW
Old 04-02-2002, 12:02 PM
Almost a Member!

what college are you at? UPenn?
Old 04-02-2002, 12:10 PM

bmw z3 2.8
drexel university
Old 04-02-2002, 12:27 PM

bmw z3 2.8
having the cars is not a big deal

i live in drexel apartments where drexel rented out the top floor so eveyone on my floor is from drexel. there are people here who's fathers have ferarri's and crap like that, and they are able to prove it.. they have pics...why???.. b/c those cars are nice, and such is the case with bmw's and mercs.. they are nice cars.. people simply have pics of them b/c of that. It's a fact.. i am almost positive that 90% of all the people that own a bmw or a merc has taken a picture of their car(s), hell i have about a 100 of my z3. My friend down the hall, (19) too, has a million pics of his 325i.. they are nice pics and they make it a point to be able to back up what they claim. A guy in philadelphia that posted he had a z8 on the bmw board.. i asked him about his car.. and he offered to bring it down simply b/c he is proud of it.. i think anyone can do that.. (not show another person physically their car in real life) but to provide something other than words that relates what they are saying back to the truth.. and honestly almost all the bmw guys can, i haven't met one yet that couldn't... i can show a million pics of my car if u want. I just installed xenon lights in my 2.8 z3 a month ago i have a few pics with them on, and few pics of the car inside and some of the mods.. it's pride i guess.

DMW
Old 04-02-2002, 02:16 PM
Almost a Member!

We just simply have different feelings about our cars. To me, my cars aren't "pride." I simply love driving them. And at home, almost everyone kid drives a BMW, MB, Audi, etc, so it's not a big deal to me. Anyway, I'm done arguing with you. Later.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:35 PM

BMW M3
Hi I'm new and I was just browsing the site...Greenwich, CT where MTN81 is from...wow...what a rich a## town. Let me tell you...every car I think I saw was a MB, BMW, Ferrari, etc. I wish I could live there...MTN, you're lucky kiddo.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:36 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
well to me at least this whole car thing doesn't make too much difference. i don't even have a car, and my dad plans on getting me a rice rocket when i get to drive (i'm a youngun, but that still doesn't keep me from liking cars!). WHOOOO! WHOOOO!
Old 04-02-2002, 05:22 PM

My worthless opinion comes with a story..

I used to play Everquest. In fact, I used to play it alot. It has over 400k active accounts with about 30 servers with 2000-3000 people on each at any given time. The game attracted a wide range of people, but mostly bored, semi-intelligent people, with lots of free time. Most of the people are pretty normal. They had fun, played games, and tried to have a good time. But there always a few people that had problems. They lied continously for YEARS. They lied about their jobs, their age, their GENDER, just to impress others. In one case, this MALE pretended to be a 20ish yr old lady that had a miscarriage. When a fellow member called HIM to verify his gender, he even went so far as to FAKE a female voice. We all make lies, big ones and small ones. Some intentionally, some subconsciously. However, it is FAR easier to lie over the internet and far easier to LIVE a lie.

My point being, i'm a cynic by nature. With regards to Internet, I don't believe ANYONE. So if you have all these expensive f**cking cars and can waste $$$ like puff daddy on a coke binge, then odds are you probably have a digital camera. If you don't, then go out and buy one. Because in fact, if you are rich as hell, then proving someone WRONG is worth the $300 you'll spend at Best Buy.

We might all live different lives and have different existences, but there are a few things common to ALL MALES. We love to feed our ego's.

So prove us wrong. I want you to prove me wrong. If you what you say, then step up to the plate and don't be impotent.

Last edited by jl88; 04-02-2002 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:40 PM
Almost a Member!

Why would I want to prove you wrong anyway? Am I ever going to meet you? No. Am I ever going to speak to you? No.

I don't list these cars cause I want them...sorry. And as for the digital camera thing...I'll get one soon enough. I'm saving to buy a Doberman at the moment. It's gonna cost me $3500 at Amaris Kennels in CA. I'm not really interested in proving you wrong. Say what you want...but many people here (esp on the BMW posts...my car's pictures are on there from BMW Meets) know what I have...I only came onto this post to ask a few questions about the G-class.

I'm not interested in showing off my cars anyway (for instance, the other cars my parent's have in their garage). It doesn't interest me one bit. I know what I have and that's all that matters. To you that have to "show" off your cars...well fine by me. But in all honesty, that's not why I drive a car.

If you ever happen to come by the NYC/CT area, I'll take you to my home. You see for yourself.

OK, now this is the last post I'm going to respond to about this. I don't see why you guys care so much about what other people post but I guess it's just got to do with no class. Hopefully you'll realize this soon and realize that this is a car site...not a "let's see if this person really has the car from their sig."...

Oh and one more thing, there's always people out there with better cars than yours so it's useless to try and show off. Ya, you may have a nice car, but seriously, who cares? Does having a nice car make you better? No. just have some class, grow up and stick to talking about cars.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

in all fairness... i still don't have a dig. camera myself and it took me months to finally get a picture of my car... i mean impressing people on a chat forum really isn't anyones priority... i have listed my 2 cars on the sig (as ****ty as they are) and i have gotten quite a few emails from people who have owned or own z's and are willing to help if i have any questions....

we jsut come here to exchange info and shoot $#it.. so why not look at someones sig and say..damn that person's doing well in life and move on.....

( i know i know... i drive a lil ol' C and mess around with the big boys who drive S's...i'll retreat back to my c class forum )
Old 04-02-2002, 07:54 PM

500 SEC

BIG DEAL! Let the kids play!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Most do not own a merc or a bmw