clear coat peeling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Angry clear coat peeling

I washed the car today (and it was damn cold, only 40, but sun was out...some good that did :p) and getting to the rear right corner of the bumper, i saw some stuff there that I thought was sap or something like it. I start rubbing it and it was coming off, so I ran my thumb across it to get it off the car. but then I felt "flakes" of plastic and was like WTF. I look closer and it's the clearcoat along the rear impact strip coming off!

anyone else notice this around their impact strips on their bumper? Is this kind of stuff covered under warranty...it's only a few years old.....my w202 clearcoat is just starting to peel. What gives, ugh.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: clear coat peeling

Originally posted by GDawgC220
I washed the car today (and it was damn cold, only 40, but sun was out...some good that did :p) and getting to the rear right corner of the bumper, i saw some stuff there that I thought was sap or something like it. I start rubbing it and it was coming off, so I ran my thumb across it to get it off the car. but then I felt "flakes" of plastic and was like WTF. I look closer and it's the clearcoat along the rear impact strip coming off!

anyone else notice this around their impact strips on their bumper? Is this kind of stuff covered under warranty...it's only a few years old.....my w202 clearcoat is just starting to peel. What gives, ugh.
doesnt sound right... maybe i can take a look.