S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

How to disassemble this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 05:57 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
S55 AMG
How to disassemble this?

Hey all, I've been looking everywhere for a thread on how to disassemble the rear seat armrest, but I couldn't find any information on how to. I have what appears to be coins stuck inside the sliding cupholder door mechanism, and now the door will not slide in/out when I push on the door like it is supposed to. I have to pull the door from the top with a reasonable amount of force to get it open. I looked around for any open screws or hinges to pry, and didn't really find any besides for the screws to take off only the woodgrain cover on the cupholder door itself. I need to take apart the whole armrest to fix my issue. If it exists, can someone link me to a guide on how to disassemble the rear armest? If that doesn't exist (which seems to be the case because I searched everywhere and couldn't find it) could someone with knowledge on how to disassemble it please share the information? Thank you very much.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:22 PM

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts
2012 E350 4Matic P2
I have looked in the WIS and there is not a separate disassembly instruction for the armrest itself. I am attaching the removal instructions for the armrest so that if you want to work on it on the bench you may. Also attached is the parts diagram for reference.

Good luck,

Bob
Old 08-08-2016, 10:35 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
S55 AMG
Thank you very much for those removal instructions, Bob. However, I feel that it I have to figure out how to disassemble the armrest myself, since there are only instructions on how to take out the armrest from the car, not disassembling the armrest itself. I will try to get as much information I need from those PDF files, and if anyone else has any info on how to take apart the armrest itself, please let me know. Thank you all.

Last edited by AlexMercedes; 08-08-2016 at 10:38 PM.