S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Frustrating incident with rear suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 01:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 Mercedes S500
Exclamation Frustrating incident with rear suspension

I had to be picky and attempt to lower the rear of my car just another inch in order to line it up perfectly with the front. So me and the guys were adjusting it. The first few times it was actually raised. Finally we adjusted it to it's lowest possible position. (thinking Mercedes would figure it would be suitable for normal everyday driving) Instead, it was dropped so low the lip of the rim was even with the fender. You couldn't see the tire above the rim. When we put it back on the lift we realized the rear sensor had snapped. It wasn't any electrical part, it was the black plastic piece. We were fortunate enough to put the sensor back temporarily and the rear was raised about 4 inches from the tires. On my way home, it went right back down after a minute once again with the fender being as low as the lip of the rim. So my friend came by with a jack and lifted the car, adjusted the sensor again and I made it back home and parked it in the garage. Does anyone know if I could simply buy a replacement piece for the plastic that broke or do I NEED to buy a whole new rear sensor? Thanks
Old 03-22-2004, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 S550 '09 C350 '06 C280
no offense...

It's a Benz not a 6/4 Impala....

Goodluck

Enjoy,
TB