S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Multiple misfire after replacing battery cured

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 04:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
S 320
Multiple misfire after replacing battery cured

Thought this might prove useful if another member has a similar experience.
My battery was getting tired (not being drained by anything, just a plain simple old battery) Anyway I replaced it and decided to charge it to full capacity from its 80% charge to 100% using an C tek mxs 5.0 intelli charger.
After covering the usual re set procedures sateering lock to steering lock and window and sunroof re sets, I went for a drive.
To my disapointment I found the car had lost power and also not changing gear or accelerating. It felt like it was in some sort of limp mode.
Taking it straight back home I connected a code reader and found that the codes related to a multiple cylinder misfire.
Using logic I thought she was fine before the battery change and decided to disconnect the battery again and leave it for half an hour before re connecting.
To my relief it worked !! The car is now running smooth as silk and gearbox and engine all good and back to normal.
I would be interested to know of any possible explanation as to why this happened, however whats importand the disconnect re connect has sorted the problem without needing to resort to a dealership, phew $$$£££.
Hope this helps someone and as said would love to know why it happened from a more experienced member.
Drive safe.
The following 2 users liked this post by baldsparky:
compaddict (01-17-2017), prs600 (01-18-2017)