S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

S 600 Sedan does 0 to 60 in 3.3, to 100 in 8.5, 1/4 in 11.59 @120

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Trenor I don't doubt your car is fast but ...

0-60 in 3.3 sec aint happinin Davepl makes a good pointyour assuming to much. The only way to proove such claim 1) radar gun results 2) show us video from the track showing 0-60 times on the tree..

I mean come on man you've obviously read the other posts here how are you gonna sit there and tell us your car is faster than a Mclaren F1 it does 0-60 in 3.4 sec???
Old 04-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65, 911
Ahem. So as anyone with any experience at a dragstrip knows, the tree shows 60' times and not 0-60 times. I've been drag racing for years and find 0-60 in 3.3 quite unsurprising. I've run it faster than that in other cars.

However, as intelligent people consider:
1) the 60' time.
2) the video, which shows speedo and time
3) The physics, version 2: from the timeslip, we KNOW the car will accelerate from 0-120mph in 11.6 seconds. It has four times the kinetic energy at 120 as at 60; the engine's energy output is essentially constant (again refer to dyno chart) thus we conclude that it should accelerate from 0-60 in (11.6/4=) 2.9 seconds Makes 3.3 seem kinda conservative, doesn't it? That's what the video shows, however.

Interestingly, more generally you can estimate 0-60 from 1/4 mile results (ET & MPH) by calculating (60^2 / MPH^2) * ET. This formula doesn't work for cars which are badly traction limited at low speeds, however.

Finally, the comparison with the F1 is specious. Put drag tires and a shorter gear on the F1, and it would run 0-60 in the 2's, just like any other drag car with similar power-to-weight ratios.

Last edited by treynor; 04-29-2004 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car is in the 11's trapping 120+ In the 1/4 Mile with a 1.6x 60' time. In all my experience, 3.3 sounds conservative. I guess laser timing it would be the most exact way to know for sure, but the video should do the same thing if timing is available in enough detail.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Excuse me for ruffling your feathers treynor

If you want to prove me wrong let's see some radar your hypothetical guessing aint cutting it here.. Bla bla put slicks on Mclaren use some high octane Bla Bla if that's all it took they would of allready posted some 3.3 sec times on Mclaren
just admit a 4610 LB Sclass can't out drive a 2800lb Mclaren slicks or not, your dreaming Where do you get off? do the math that's 1810Lb's less than your S you might spin the rest of these lemmings into your web but not me....Ha Ha Ha...
Old 04-29-2004, 03:01 AM
Banned

SL65, 911
> might spin the rest of these lemmings into your web but not me....Ha Ha Ha...

My feathers are unruffled. I've dealt with far more coherent arguments than those you're able to muster and emerged unscathed. Feel free to disbelieve all you wish. Your opinion is irrelevant to me. The other readers -- the same ones you're calling "lemmings" -- can make up their own minds who to believe.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
So Then proove it man.... I'd love to be wrong

And see an S600 do 0-60 in 3.3 your obviously financially capable go get a radar gun, or go somewhere they have radar testing.
What's the big deal??
Old 04-29-2004, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Re: So Then proove it man.... I'd love to be wrong

Originally posted by thericker55
And see an S600 do 0-60 in 3.3 your obviously financially capable go get a radar gun, or go somewhere they have radar testing.
What's the big deal??
The subject of 600's acceleration is too old and way overposted already.There are so many vids and track slips proving the point its not even funny anymore.
Treynor:stop wasting your time proving what is already proven ,let the newbie go through the older posts.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:06 PM

s600
now, now boys...lets not fight...(by the way) am I the only chic on this sight?...anyway - The S600, as we all know kick *** - You can't honestly say that Ben(Treynor) is full of it...can you? We've seen the video, done the math...cmon now...If you have never owned an S600...which apparently someone on this sight never has and probably never will...ha...then you can TRY to argue that it isn't possible or suggest a radar gun - BUT - when I first got my S600 - I could have sworn that I did 3.9 secs - up hill...but then again...I could only be just a girl -
Old 04-29-2004, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
[QUOTE]Originally posted by californiaS600
If you have never owned an S600...which apparently someone on this sight never has and probably never will...ha...

Your obviously very immature and childish, You don't know anything about my finances. You sound like a little kid at a playground "My daddy has more money than yours" "Are we perhaps putting on heirs about your parents possesions? the more I read these forums there seems to be an overwelming trend lots of 15-20 something year olds acting like there parents cars are theirs. I'm sure you fall neatly into that group..

As far as this 0-60 quandry goes, I wonder why all the big magizines Road&Track, Car&Driver ect.. use Radar as definitive speed testing? and not hypothetical equations, assumptions so on...
Old 04-30-2004, 12:18 AM
Banned

SL65, 911
> I wonder why all the big magizines Road&Track, Car&Driver ect.. use Radar as definitive speed testing?

Actually, they don't. I've participated in a Car & Driver test (see October '03). Obviously, you have not.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
[i]Originally posted by treynor

Actually, they don't. I've participated in a Car & Driver test (see October '03). Obviously, you have not. [/B]

You know I believe I misjudged you trynor, I thought you were much more mature than this.
Everything you say, I"m more knoweldgeable drag racer, I've been in Car&Driver my mercedes is the fastest So what....
WHY DO YOU KEEP DODGING RADAR TESTING?????????
Old 04-30-2004, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Treynor

If they don't use Radar testing(Car&Driver) What do they use?
A video of the dash cluster w/sec. timer in the corner of the screen
backed up w/some diluted Star Trek math??
Old 04-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by californiaS600
now, now boys...lets not fight...(by the way) am I the only chic on this sight?...anyway - The S600, as we all know kick *** - You can't honestly say that Ben(Treynor) is full of it...can you? We've seen the video, done the math...cmon now...If you have never owned an S600...which apparently someone on this sight never has and probably never will...ha...then you can TRY to argue that it isn't possible or suggest a radar gun - BUT - when I first got my S600 - I could have sworn that I did 3.9 secs - up hill...but then again...I could only be just a girl -
I love you..

Someone remember the video of Ben's W220 hitting the 3.3? It's kinda hard to photochop a video.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:09 PM

s600
it seems as if our friend "thericker" has some issues. I never mentioned you personally about not affording one...but obviously you seem alittle sensitive about it - which in classic psychology would determine that my statement does apply to you...BUT I will never know if it is true or not, b/c I really don't care to find out - And for the record, my daddy is dead...and I probably do have more money than you - and if having more makes me childish - then I am very immature. so there...hmf
Old 04-30-2004, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
YOUR PROOVING MY POINT ANOTHER 15-20 YR OLD ACTING LIKE A CHILD IS IT FUN PRETENDING?

it seems as if our friend "thericker" has some issues. I never mentioned you personally about not affording one...but obviously you seem alittle sensitive about it - which in classic psychology would determine that my statement does apply to you...BUT I will never know if it is true or not, b/c I really don't care to find out - And for the record, my daddy is dead...and I probably do have more money than you - and if having more makes me childish - then I am very immature. so there...hmf
Old 04-30-2004, 09:56 PM

2016 E400
Originally posted by thericker55
You know I believe I misjudged you trynor, I thought you were much more mature than this.
Everything you say, I"m more knoweldgeable drag racer, I've been in Car&Driver my mercedes is the fastest So what....
WHY DO YOU KEEP DODGING RADAR TESTING?????????
How is he being immature. If you look back at some of his posts over the months you'll realize that A) the 600 engine is really powerful; B) he has taken it to the track dozens of times and hence has the timing and feeling of the acceleration down to a notch, hence he can get nearly perfect performance out of it.
I think he's not being "immature" but perhaps a little annoyed that he has proven his cars worth to a magazine but some random internet * guy keeps doubting the facts.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
this is hilarious!

your kids have a cool mom.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:24 PM

s600
why thank you t-bone.
Yes, thericker seems to have a few more issues than previously thought...but we can continue on discussing how powerful a V-12 engine really is - being that all thericker will ever be driving is a 4-banger at the most. And if he wasn't, then he wouldn't even be questioning treynor in the first place.

Apparenly thericker was the kid in school that was picked on by guys like treynor...b/c he keeps referring to the 15-20 year olds and you only make reference to what you know best...isn't that right "thericker" -- and if you even made it past the 7th grade, you should know of a thing called SPELL CHECK...

Oh, and by the way, if I was in the age range of 15-20, pretending that I was driving daddy's car - then my being with 3 kids and an awesome husband would put me most likely in the category of living in a trailer park - and if that was the case, then I wouldn't be driving an S600, then would I? Once again, you only refer to what you know best...

Enough about the financial aspect - let's get back to the real topic at hand...whether or not taking it to the track or using radar. Does it really matter?
Old 05-01-2004, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Wow! so your not 15-20, just an over the hill housewife bored to tears w/life so

[QUOTE]Originally posted by californiaS600
[B]why thank you t-bone.
Yes, thericker seems to have a few more issues than previously thought...but we can continue on discussing how powerful a V-12 engine really is - being that

You came here to try and use your half baked psychology and correct me on misspelling a word or two.
Since we now know your 45+ w/kids age isn't the defining factor of maturity you still act like a child only a child would go on about how much money you do or don't have act your age....
Old 05-01-2004, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Apparently who's the 7th grader needing spell check?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by californiaS600

YOU BETTER CHECK YOUR SPELLING DEAR, (APPARENLY) DOES THAT LOOK FAMILIAR? KNOW IT ALL.....

Apparenly thericker was the kid in school that was picked on by guys like treynor...b/c he keeps referring to the 15-20 year olds and you only make reference to what you know best...isn't that right "thericker" -- and if you even made it past the 7th grade, you should know of a thing called SPELL CHECK..

Old 05-01-2004, 01:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
i cant beleive how out of control this thread is going, and i cant seem to side with either californiaS600 or the thericker55. who cares how much the S600's power is discussed, people like to talk about it. And who really cares how much money we all have here anyways, its none of our business, and its also pretty stupid to talk about how much you have or anything like that. It just makes you sound like you are making it up.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
THANKS MAN MY POINT EXACTLY. Well the last part

Originally posted by IluvS500
i cant beleive how out of control this thread is going, and i cant seem to side with either californiaS600 or the thericker55. who cares how much the S600's power is discussed, people like to talk about it. And who really cares how much money we all have here anyways, its none of our business, and its also pretty stupid to talk about how much you have or anything like that. It just makes you sound like you are making it up.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:54 AM

s600
ok, you win. I apologize for being a *****. You just happen to light a fire under me and I had to respond. I'm done.

And for the record, it's only psych101... And I'm 32 - 3 kids. And I never really cared how much money anyone has - that part got out of control, i guess i was trying to prove a point - which is stupid anyway. Because we all know that money doesn't make you happy.

And i'm better at being mean than nice.

so, i'm sorry...you have to admit...it is kind of funny if you go back and read this thread...
Old 05-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
so, i'm sorry...you have to admit...it is kind of funny if you go back and read this thread...
im glad you apologize, not many people on this forum will do that. beleive me it is funny to look back on
Old 05-01-2004, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Will call it a truce then, no problem I got carried away too

ok, you win. I apologize for being a *****. You just happen to light a fire under me and I had to respond. I'm done.

And for the record, it's only psych101... And I'm 32 - 3 kids. And I never really cared how much money anyone has - that part got out of control, i guess i was trying to prove a point - which is stupid anyway. Because we all know that money doesn't make you happy.

And i'm better at being mean than nice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S 600 Sedan does 0 to 60 in 3.3, to 100 in 8.5, 1/4 in 11.59 @120