S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Duplicate, disregard please - Trunk completely frozen locked no way to open even with

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes S 320 CDI (2001)
Duplicate, disregard please - Trunk completely frozen locked no way to open even with

My car is w220 2001 S Class 320 CDI with fully automatic trunk open and close. A while ago the full open close pump behind the battery got corroded because it was getting some water and it was draining the battery so I unplugged the fuse for it. Then the trunk became semi automatic. You hit the button on the remote or push the lock mechanism upwards or pull the little switch just below the window controls on the driver side door panel and the trunk would pump and after that it was manual process to open it. When closing once it made contact with the lock it pulled itself a small amount and then auto lock. A while ago I replaced the rubber seal around the trunk and the trunk needed a bit of a push to close it, which was fine. One day it didn't want to close so I pushed it harder and it closed. To be never opened again. The little red light on the door panel trunk switch does not light up at all. I started using the key to open the trunk for about 2 weeks and then that stopped working too. So I removed the lock mechanism just above the license plate holder and pushed it inside so that I can reach the little rod to pull it up manually. After trying hard the rod came out but no luck on the trunk opening. So I cut a big hole to reach the lock mechanism and I see the mechanism but pushing pulling little pieces won't release the trunk. I checked the fuses maybe the wrong ones but that little light not coming on when pulled or pushed the button on the door panel for the trunk makes me think maybe there is still an electrical component to this. Also my trunk has 3 latches for locking, the central main big one and 2 small ones 30cm to the left and right of the main lock, which makes this trunk locking mechanism different than the manual release or semi auto release trunk systems (I guess). Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by ottomann; 04-27-2017 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Duplicate post