A few minor niggles!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes S-Class S500 limo.
A few minor niggles!!!

Hi,
I've just bought a 2005 S-Class S500 limo and love the car but do have a few minor niggles, some of which I've sorted already, here they are,

1. Passenger seatbelt height adjuster not working. I found the cable under the seat was disconnected so fixed that.
2. Front footwell lights not working, I opened the lenses to find both bulbs missing!!! I just need to buy 2 new bulbs. (I wonder why they are missing though!!! Did a previous owner not like seeing their feet lol?)
3. I generally leave the rear climate control turned off however the shallow tray under the front armrest gets very warm!!! I'm not bothered by this but just want to check it's OK to leave like this.
4. When I did check the rear climate control, I set the temp to min on both sides, the left vent blew cold air, the right vent warm air!!! Like I said I'm not too fussed about the rear climate control just making sure it's OK to leave it this way.
5. The flow of air feels quite weak from the front passenger side dash vent, the other 3 dash vents are fine.

The rest of the car seems fine and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Welcome ! The lights may have been removed intentionally if there was a battery drain issue
Old 06-26-2017, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 404 Likes on 348 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
3. Check the control knob on the front wall of the center console - this controls the flow of conditioned air into the console.
4. The HVAC air temperature is largely controlled by "duo valves". These are computer-controlled solenoid valves that control the coolant flow to the appropriate heat exchangers (heater cores). The solenoid valves sometimes get sticky. I do not have the separately-controlled rear HVAC, but I think that there is a separate duo valve for the rear. This duo valve may also control the temperature control for the air that flows into the center console, explaining the heat that you are finding there.
5. The air flow thru the side vents is normally controlled by the wheel under the vent. The slightly larger mark in the center of the range sets the vent for automatic air flow control, the smaller marks on one end reduce the flow, the larger marks on the other end increase the air flow.

Post #4 in this thread explains how to clean the standard front duo valve - it would be good background info if nothing else.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...-behavior.html