S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Rear DVD screen and rear climate control.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes S-Class S500 limo.
Rear DVD screen and rear climate control.

Hi,
Today I decided to have a play with the DVD player in my car (2005 S500). The DVD played fine on the front screen and could operate it fine with the remote, I then went to the back seat to try it from there, I put the remote to R with the slider switch on the side and it wouldn't do anything!!! The rear screen comes on then has tabs at the sides of the screen offering TV, DVD, AUX1 and AUX2 etc as though you have to choose which one you want but I can't choose anything!!! Am I missing something obvious? BTW It's the factory fitted screen on the cradle above the rear air vents.

Secondly, whilst I was in the back I set the rear climate to LO on both sides, one side came out cold and the other side luke warm air came out, I put them both to MAX and hot air came from both then back to LO, the passenger side went cold again but the drivers side luke warm. Also, when the rear climate is turned off the shallow tray gets very hot under the front seat armrest, it starts to cool down when you activate the rear climate, is this normal?

Thanks for any help or advice!!!

PS: Almost forgot, twice this week I've had a message on dash telling me that my left licence plate light is out even though it isn't, any thoughts on this, I'm thinking of replacing them with LEDs anyway.