S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Bought a w220 with aftermarket STEREO - WHICH the seller REMOVED trying to replace it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w220
Bought a w220 with aftermarket STEREO - WHICH the seller REMOVED trying to replace it

So I bought a w220 with a hole in the dash where the sat nav was, he replaced it with an aftermarket stereo, he kept that stereo

I ordered a new one off ebay

I am trying to wire it but as you can see from the pictures the guy has done some crazy stuff with the wires!?

I don't know what any of these wires do so I could do with some expert pointers as to where to go next!?

I have a loom with my stereo which is both wires and a connector, this connector fits to the connector the owner made himself but the pins do not line up

Here's what I've got

As you can see some sort of AUx cable I'm guessing has been added here?

Not sure what these are for

This is coming out of the dash, I'm sure he cut these and mated them with his stereo loom then kept the connector and cut the wires off?

This connector remains, it appears he has left this connector on and modified it himself?

These cables don't seem to have been touched?

These came with my new stereo

I'm hoping someone on here is willing to help me connect the correct wires together to get this working, but I'm also wondering if I am missing anything else, like an aftermarket amp or something, I've not looked for one, but I know you can't use the fibreoptic cables
Old 08-14-2017, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 425 Posts
Mercedes
Your best bet would be to simply run new wires directly to the speakers and power , and not try to just plug things in