S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

airmatic suspension uneven.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz s320
Unhappy airmatic suspension uneven.

Hi, i recently bought an 2001 s320. and i found out that the suspension is acting strange to say the least.

it moves around by itself alot. it either goes up on its rear all the way and leaves the front really low or front wheels all the way up and rear all the way down, the display always says STOP VEICHLE TO LOW. ive tried fiddeling around with the rise veichle button but it does nothing. sometimes it even goes high on the drivers side and low on the passanger side. i dont think theres a leak in any of the struts since they all can go up and down, it just never stableizes. has anyone experienced this before that might be able to give me some advise as to what to do? thanks!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 478 Likes on 424 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by Mrponta
Hi, i recently bought an 2001 s320. and i found out that the suspension is acting strange to say the least.

it moves around by itself alot. it either goes up on its rear all the way and leaves the front really low or front wheels all the way up and rear all the way down, the display always says STOP VEICHLE TO LOW. ive tried fiddeling around with the rise veichle button but it does nothing. sometimes it even goes high on the drivers side and low on the passanger side. i dont think theres a leak in any of the struts since they all can go up and down, it just never stableizes. has anyone experienced this before that might be able to give me some advise as to what to do? thanks!
your airmatic ecu is likely damaged