2002 S500 Limp Mode-Conductor Plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s500
2002 S500 Limp Mode-Conductor Plate

Hey guys,

I got a question for all of you Benz fanatics.

Around 1 month ago my Benz went into Limp home mode. I brought it to Auto Zone to be scanned and two error codes popped up.

P0715- Turbine/Input shaft speed sensor circuit
P0778- Pressure control Solenoid B electrical.

I decided that I would replace the conductor plate and solenoids.

Upon removing the valve body, I tested the solenoids and found that the TCC PWM solenoid was bad. I replaced the conductor plate with a NEW one as well as ALL of the solenoids.

I reinstalled everything, made sure the valve body and conductor plate were inserted properly and then torqued everything according to the specs.

I started my car and drove it around..Only to find it is still in limp home mode. I then attempted to do an adaptive transmission reset, which lead to no progress. I also used a scanner to try and reset the code, however it didn't work as well.

I was told that sometimes solenoids needs to immersed in ATfluids in order to tell the computer that there is now a functioning part installed.

after driving and letting the car run, it still did not return to normal operation.

At this point the Benz is stuck in 2nd gear, with reverse and neutral working properly.

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with this, and if so what can I do?

Semper Fidelis,
Ron
Old 09-26-2017, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Cheapest option is to just get a good used transmission they are about $200-300

Originally Posted by bigronn89
Hey guys,

I got a question for all of you Benz fanatics.

Around 1 month ago my Benz went into Limp home mode. I brought it to Auto Zone to be scanned and two error codes popped up.

P0715- Turbine/Input shaft speed sensor circuit
P0778- Pressure control Solenoid B electrical.

I decided that I would replace the conductor plate and solenoids.

Upon removing the valve body, I tested the solenoids and found that the TCC PWM solenoid was bad. I replaced the conductor plate with a NEW one as well as ALL of the solenoids.

I reinstalled everything, made sure the valve body and conductor plate were inserted properly and then torqued everything according to the specs.

I started my car and drove it around..Only to find it is still in limp home mode. I then attempted to do an adaptive transmission reset, which lead to no progress. I also used a scanner to try and reset the code, however it didn't work as well.

I was told that sometimes solenoids needs to immersed in ATfluids in order to tell the computer that there is now a functioning part installed.

after driving and letting the car run, it still did not return to normal operation.

At this point the Benz is stuck in 2nd gear, with reverse and neutral working properly.

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with this, and if so what can I do?

Semper Fidelis,
Ron
Old 10-02-2017, 10:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Mine 2005 S430 4Matic * Wife's 2005 S430 4Matic *
I'm not sure about the soaking solenoids in ATF in order to communicate electrically, it might be correct....but I do know that you need to clear the codes regarding the transmission AFTER replacing the conductor plate.

Just replacing the broken parts isn't good enough. Clearing the codes is a must or it will stay in Limp Home Mode.

I actually picked up a very inexpensive car that had all the work done but they couldn't clear the codes. I had the Carsoft 7.4 on my laptop and drove the car home after clearing the codes. I've since upgraded to the MB Star C4 DAS.

Good luck