S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

battery draining overnite 3,3 amps draw

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 s500
battery draining overnite 3,3 amps draw

hey guys first time actually posting i have been reading your interesting post and instesad of being lazy and taking my 2000 s500 to mb dealear i have saved lots money learned alot about these cars they are not your nomal auto as everyone thinks when u have a problem well here is basically one final and big project connected amp meter in series between neg post and negative cable after car was off 4 30 min i started pulling 1 fuse and relays 1 at a time on both sides of car and then the dreaded backseet how the hell can u see down there anyway the box was so loose and carpet was so damp that someone did not mount so opun wiggiling fuse box and sam unit the amp meter went to zero amps to 9 nine ams so i fiddled and an assumption that the rear sam and fuse need to b repaired as well as some type of water protection what do u guys think there was also a recall way back from national safty bpard about the rear battery not holding charge cause of static discharge there i no protective box or material that that battery its a bosch sorry for mispelling its been dischrged 4 times since i have had it for 6 monthes but the battery is at full strength so do do guys think i should replace sam an fuses or go ck further plz relpy

Last edited by jeebise23; 10-19-2017 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-19-2017, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Your car has water damage and all your electronics will be fried unless you remove the carpeting and dry it out

the water enters from under the windshield passenger side reservoir

see this thread
https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220/265605-2nd-s-flooded-week-s-owners-keep-your-drains-clean.html

then the water travels under the passenger carpet to the rear SAM

you may need a new Sam or maybe just drying it out will work . But first step is to remove carpet on passenger side front and rear to dry it out - as it has thick foam that holds gallons of water and you can't see it from the top and you can't dry it out from the top

Last edited by tusabes; 10-19-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 Mercedes-Benz S500 4Matic
I had a similar issue a few months ago, mine turned out to be the right front SAM cover was not placed correctly and allowed water into the SAM, i dried it up and made sure it sealed well and no problems since. Check both front Sam covers, because the water that drips from the windshield falls directly on both front SAM covers if they are not sealed correctly they will get wet.